Project for the New Liberia will host its First Fundraiser Awards Dinner to honor people who have contributed immensely to the development of Liberia and to fundraise to undertake projects in the areas of human rights, democracy and good governance and human development.
Arrival and Red Carpet from 5:00 PM-6:30 PM
Awards from 7:00 PM- 9:00 PM
When & Where
PROJECT FOR THE NEW LIBERIA
Project for the New Liberia is a non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting democracy, good governance, and human development by advocating and proposing policy reforms and mobilizing citizens for actions. We strive to shape our country’s future by exposing failed public policies and governance structures undermining political stability and economic development. PNL was founded by renowned youth activists Garmondeh Clinton and Kai S. Dunna in March 2009 because of the compelling demand to address the political, economic, and social problems confronting the Liberian nation. PNL believes good public policy and efficient governance structure is the key to political stability and economic prosperity. Our organization mobilizes and prepares the next generation of leaders through education, training, and active citizenship. Our ultimate goal is to make Liberia politically, economically, and socially stable and to serve in the vanguard of international cooperative efforts that promote global peace, security, and human development.
How We Work
- We endeavor to fill the need for democratic leadership and the nobility of public service by developing the next generation of leaders through democratic education and active citizenship that encourages dialogue and the innovation of fundamental policies to shape our nation’s future.
- We seek to identify failed policies and inspire fundamental changes that will serve as benchmarks for building a vibrant and democratic nation.
- We promote the crafting of foreign policies that take into account Liberian values and interests and strengthen our position in international affairs.
- We encourage and support international investments that create jobs, stimulate economic growth, and foster infrastructural development.
- We conduct extensive research on policy issues in Liberia and publish our findings.
- We promote the culture of public accountability and transparency by mobilizing citizens to demand response from government.
- We foster partnerships gear toward elevating the socio-economic status of Liberians and promoting an equitable society free of injustice, corruption, nepotism, tribalism and other vices that create a divisive society.
- We serve as a beacon of hope for ordinary Liberians and a medium through which to channel their grievances and find redress to their problems.
- We promote reconciliation and a culture of peace and non-violence through dialogue, education, and training.