Project 2007 Level 1 Training
Thursday, February 27, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
|Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project|
|Explore the Microsoft Project 2007 Environment
Display an Existing Project Plan in Different Views
|Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan|
|Create a New Project Plan
Assign a Project Calendar
Add Tasks to the Project Plan
Enter the Task Duration Estimates
Add Resources in the Project Plan
|Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan|
Add a Recurring Task
Link Dependant Tasks
Set a Constraint to a Task
Set a Task Deadline
Add Notes to a Task
|Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan|
|Create a Resource Calendar
Assign Resources to Tasks
Assign Additional Resources to a Task
Enter Costs for Resources
Enter Values for Budget Resources
Resolve Resource Conflicts
|Lesson 5: Finalizing the Project Plan|
|Display the Critical Path
Shorten the Project Duration
Set a Baseline
Print a Project Summary Report
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided