Sure Fire Ways to Create a Successful
Nanny / Family Relationship
Lora Brawley is a 22 year nanny veteran, industry leader, and trainer. Her work with parents, nannies and agencies gives her a unique, 30 degree view of the challenges of the nanny job search, placement process, and employment relationship. She's also a mediator, communication trainer, and Positive Discipline Parent Educator.
Topics to include:
- Navigating your role within the family dynamics
- Setting (and sticking to!) clear boundaries
- Discovering and working with your employers' unique and often changing expecations and needs
- Staying professional when working in an informal home environment
- Effective communication tools to help you talk through tough situations.
From Trash to Treasure
Don't throw it away! Make something beautiful out of it! Nia Taylor, Education Director at C is for Craft, will show you how to create something new by reusing something old. Nannies will learn how to turn cardboard into a beautiful fall tree, toilet paper rolls into flowers, corks into sailboats, and milk cartons into birdhouses. The possibilities are endless and will make anyone proud.
C is for Craft is an art studio located in downtown Palo Alto where young artists, ages 21 months to 8 years, can create one-of-a-kind art projects, explore different art materials and nourish their creativity in a fun and supportive workspace.
Food Allergies 101
The prevalence of food allergies in children increased by 18% from 1997 - 2007. Daryl Camarillo and her daughter Shelly will be sharing their first-hand experience on living with serious food allergies. During this brief presentation, nannies will learn about:
- Common food allergies
- How to recognize warning signs
- How to limit exposure to certain foods
- How to respond to an anaphylactic emergency