San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To provide startups with the opportunity to get critical feedback from experienced product managers and designers.
Each month we bring together a group of product managers, designers, and founders gather to learn valuable lessons and insights from each other. This is no demo or pitch, rather it's an open examination of how to execute an idea.
Our event centers around good product management practices. It's more about understanding the problem a product will solve, the market it will serve, and the value it will deliver.
We have opportunities for our Council of Product Experts to deep dive into one preselected startup and a lot of time for other startups to ask questions from our teams of experienced product managers and designers.
That... and we always have plenty of beer and good snacks!
September Theme: LOST, Now What???
Event will be from 7-9:30PM with time broken up as follows:
1. Networking opportunities for startups to chat with experienced product managers and designers about their projects will take place between 7-7:30 PM, 8-8:30 PM, and 9-9:30 PM.
2. Startup Deep Dive @7:30 PM: How do lost items get returned to their owners?
3. Product Design Fireside Chat @8:30 PM: We're excited to have KeyMe discuss their design process around their awesome key making kiosks and super high tech mobile app. With KeyMe, you and your friends will never get locked out again!!!
Council of Product Experts:
- Dominique Essig: New to NYC, Dominique is the VP of Product at Gilt, which provides its members instant insider access to today's top designer labels. She recently ran the product teams at Travelocity in Dallas and is excited to be part of the NYC tech and design communities. Dom is an integral part of the cool tech stuff they're cooking up at Gilt.
- Daniel Stillman: One of the founders of The Design Gym, Daniel is a User Experience Design Consultant. The Design Gym's mission is to build a community of skilled problem solvers through a workshop-driven design thinking curriculum. Daniel has had the pleasure of working on service design, mobile, web, and embedded interfaces for clients from Abbot to Volvo and is 1/4 of GothamSmith, a line of 3D printed products.
- Michael Wang: Brooklyn resident, Michael is a Senior Product Designer at Huge. He works with clients like Comcast, Chase, and AARP to create rapid prototypes and other design visualizations to meet their needs.
- Rodney Staton Piercey: Co-founder of Coalesce, Staton helps startups, brands, and agencies focus on product management through the lens of user engagement and interaction. Working with a diverse outfit of strategists, designers and engineers, he leverages emerging technology to craft targeted on-line and off-line experiences.
Our Awesome Sponsors:
Huge is a digital agency that provides business strategy, design, marketing and technology services to some of the world's largest businesses and best-known brands. The company is known for successfully harmonizing user needs and business goals to create industry-changing digital experiences for its clients. Huge has offices based in the United States, Europe and Latin America, and is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies. For more information, visit www.hugeinc.com
De Franceschi & Boray, LLP is a Palo Alto and NYC based law firm that specializes in advising emerging growth technology companies and the angel and institutional venture capital investors which fund them. We help early stage companies get started, find capital, structure and grow their business. Find out more about their services, visit www.dfscounsel.com
TriNet is every startup's strategic HR business partner. TriNet provides cloud-based HR solutions that allow growing companies to do what they do best. Small to mid-sized businesses in a variety of industries partner with TriNet to manage human resources, employee benefits, payroll, risk mitigation, worker's compensation, strategic human capital planning and more. More info at www.trinet.com
When & Where
Product Council NYC
Product Council events feature a group of product council experts (e.g. managers, designers, founders) and professionals (the audience) helping product owners solve problems through the lens of product strategy, design and engagement.
Our goal is to facilitate a forum for product themed conversations while providing entrepreneurs and agencies a fresh new outlet for critical feedback, ideation and improvement of their products.
News and updates @ProductCouncil