Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce's
Northern Virginia Chapter present:
2016 Conference theme:
OPPORTUNITY & CONNECTIONS III
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN DIVERSIFYING THEIR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (BD) PORTFOLIO
Please check back monthly
for buyer and other program updates
Tickets on sale August 17, 2016
EARLY BIRD PURCHASE TICKET RATE:
AUGUST 17, 2016 TO SEPT 16, 2016
Get your tickets at : http://procureconnova2016.eventbrite.com
2015 event gallery https://www.facebook.com/vaccommerce/photos_stream -
SMALL BUSINESS &GOVERNMENT & INDUSTRY
Wednesday November 2, 2016 * From 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Three Flint Hill Professional Building
The Penthouse Conference Center
3201 Jermantown Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030
Get your tickets are :
SORRY-THERE IS NO REFUND
AVAILABLE FOR EVENT CANCELLATIONS AS OF 10-1-2016
What will you will get with each ticket?
YOU WILL GET:
- Entrance to Buyers EXPO - Buyer Day
- Power Networking with buyers in HARDWARE-SOFTWARE-CYBER TECHNOLOGY- PROF/MGMT SERVICES- EDUCATION SERVICES- DATA TRANSCRIPTS- STAFFING- DATA MANAGMENT- ALL COMMUNICATIONS- MANUFACTIRING- SHIPPING-LOGISTICS- ALL IT SOLUTIONS- TRANSPORTATION- ENERGY- ARCH-ENGINEERING SERVICES- OFFICE SUPLIES- FINANCIAL SERVICES - INVESTING
- Procurement Plenary Session Speakers session on business opportunities and best small business contracting success from top national purchasing leaders
- Continental Breakfast
- Lunch with the Buyers
- All day procurement consultation with the buyers
- PM refreshments networking
- Round Robin Match Making
- Back to back PM workshops
- Free ALL DAY parking
- Free wi-fi
- Mentoring services by successful primes and sub vendors
BRING PLENTY OF BUSINESS CARDS
FREE PARKING *CONVENIENT LOCATION
Our Conference Luncheon Speakers
Mr. Kevin Boshears (Confirmed)
Director - US Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU)
Kevin Boshears was named Director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU) in May 2003. He is responsible for the overall implementation of the department’s small business procurement program. Mr. Boshears served in the OSDBU as a procurement analyst since June 1995 and was responsible for providing guidance to small business specialists located in Treasury’s twelve bureaus.
Mr. Mark Gazillo (Confirmed)
Director - Office of Small Business Programs, OSDBU, Department of Defense
Our Stellar List of Morning Plenary Speakers
Secretary of Administration
Nancy Rodrigues was appointed the Secretary of Administration by Governor Terry McAuliffe in December 2013. With an impressive record of more than 30 years in public service, Ms. Rodrigues has a wealth of executive expertise and strategic planning experience.
Mr. Doug Parsons
Project Manager - Virginia Jobs Investment Program
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Doug Parsons is the Northern Virginia Project Manager for the Virginia Jobs Investment Program. In this role at the VA Economic Development Partnership, he works with expanding and hiring companies by offering workforce training, recruitment resources, and financial reimbursements for new employees.
Mr. Harlan Lee
President/CEO - Harlan Lee & Associates
Harlan Lee is President/CEO of Harlan Lee & Associates, which he established in 1996 to provide quality international business services to government and the private sector. Prior to that, he was a State Department Career Foreign Service Officer, with managerial assignments in Asia and the Pacific, Africa and the Middle East.
- Vendor set up
8: Registration – Breakfast Networking Reception
: Buyer EXPO
: Welcome – Sponsors Recognition
: Morning Plenary Session Speakers Program
: Luncheon Speaker Program
: MatchMaking and EXPO Continues
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Back to back workshop sessions
: Conference concludes
About ProcureCon NOVA 2016
ProcureCon NOVA is a small business development event hosted by Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce and buying partners created to provide a forum for small businesses to interact directly with companies ‘ procurement representatives. Our Vendor EXPO and Forum provides an intimate and interactive setting for suppliers to:
- Network with companies, agencies, and their large contractors
- Discover small business development strategies fundamentals that can help you succeed
- Explore various funding options to sustain your business
- Learn how to effectively pursue contracting business work with commercial-public agencies in 64 business sectors
Our Reverse Tradeshow is the heart of the Vendor Forum where our buying agencies and selected contractors are ready to discuss suppliers’ capabilities and their requirements face to face with small business vendors. This is a great opportunity to make all of our buyers to be cognitive and aware of vendors ’ capabilities and teaming prospects as they look to expand their partnership with quality diverse and small business supplier network.
Our Plenary speakers and panel discussions are scheduled both before and right after the Reverse Trade Show where only the top experts and contract officers are invited to share insights and resources of what are the next opportunities and work areas.
Previous discussions have focused on topics such as, “Contract Writing Strategies for the Small Business Owner”, “Strategic business planning” and “Social Media Strategies”.
2016 Conference Program Highlights:
- How to do busines with major primes
- Set-aside/subcontracting opportunities by federal agencies
- New lucrative investment opportunities for small - medium sixe businesses
- New incentives for small businesses - state-federal assistance and support for small business and federal contractors
- Work areas from major buying agencies
We will feature expert commercial sector and government speakers who will discuss the state’s most important trends, patterns, opportunities and challenges in the government and commercial space, including:
* How primes are approaching challenges including identifying the right partners
* Steps successful contractors are taking to remain competitive
* Analysis of NEW opportunities tied to state and federal contracting
* New innovative state defense funding - resources- programs
What factors are driving recent federal contracting in all industries?
Will this level of activity increase or decrease in the next 12 months?
What types of resources (venture capital, funding, high net worth) will become available for small businesses in the technology. transportation, logistics, and defense; security, cyber security, engineering, real estate development, building and construction, and technology infrastructure arenas in the next 24 months and why?
Learn more and network with the most active and innovative public and private sector executives at the ProcureCon NOVA EXPO 2016.
Get your tickets at :
SORRY-THERE IS NO REFUND
AVAILABLE FOR CANCELLATIONS AS OF 10-15-2016
WE THANK OUR SPONSORS & PARTNERS:
COMMUNITY PARTNER SPONSORS
When & Where
Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce
Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce is Virginia's official bonafide Asian Pacific American business membership organization serving businesses and professionals. Meeting well-connected peoples is the most valuable aspect of VACC Membership - Join us to meet hundreds of influential executives and professionals like you. Our members are from Maryland, DC area, Virginia ( Mid Atlantic), Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and the Carolinas.
PO Box 2640
Glen Allen, VA 23058
Visit us at: www.aabac.org