ProBlogger Training Event 2013
Friday, September 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM - Saturday, September 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM (EST)
Surfers Paradise, Queensland
UPDATE: PBEVENT 2013 is sold out. We will be releasing a virtual ticket for those wanting to attend virtually in the coming weeks. For more information check out this update for how to sign up to be notified when that virtual ticket is released.
A Two Day Training Event Guiding you to Build Profitable Blogs
The ProBlogger Training Event has been designed to help bloggers who want to build profitable blogs. We'll be looking at a variety of models for doing this and our emphasis is upon giving you practical training that you can go away and implement.
Over 400 people have already registered to attend this annual event, making it our biggest year ever! You'll get a little 'theory' and some good 'discussions' but just as important to us is that you walk away with skills and strategies to implement. The two days will cover a mix of keynote training presentations, panels with opportunity for Q&A, workshops, case studies and time for networking with other bloggers.
Attending will bring you the following benefits:
- Learn how to make your blogs profitable
- Discover how to attract brands to partner with
- Learn how to monetise your blog by creating products, services and membership areas
- Hear about techniques that successful bloggers have used to grow readership of their blogs
- Be inspired to create content that engages current readers and draws in new ones
- Be kept up to date with the latest trends and approaches to blogging
- Meet other Aussie bloggers like you for potential collaboration and shared learning
- Have fun with people who 'get' blogging
- Be inspired by entrepreneurial stories and case studies
The event will be held 13-14 September 2013. That’s a Friday and Saturday. We unfortunately won’t have one day tickets available but attendees will have opportunity to get recordings for sessions that they miss if you can’t attend the full two days.
This year's event is a value packed 2 day event. You’ll see a few more single person ‘training’/keynote style presentations than last year but we’ll still be including a few ‘panel’ and ‘workshop’ sessions too.
Our schedule is still shaping up but we’ve announced most of our speakers including:
Darren is the founder of ProBlogger, Digital Photography School and various other blogs. He’s been blogging since 2002 and has been involved in a variety of other projects including co-authoring ProBlogger the Book. Follow him on Twitter at @ProBlogger.
Darren will be involved in numerous sessions at the ProBlogger Training event in 2012 including the opening keynote, a case study on the recent Queensland Tourism partnership he did with ProBlogger and a session on using email to drive traffic, build community and make money.
Amy is the co-author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies and a Social Media Strategist for entrepreneurs and small businesses. She has over12 years marketing experience and has worked with mega brands like Harley-Davidson Motorcycles and Peak Performance Coach, Tony Robbins.
Amy currently creates online programs to teach entrepreneurs and small businesses how to leverage social media to gain greater exposure, attract quality leads and turn their fans and followers into loyal customers. Follow Amy on Twitter and Facebook.
Amy is known for delivering high value training on Facebook and Social Media Strategies and will be involved in 2 sessions at PBEVENT 2013.
To learn more about Amy, visit www.AmyPorterfield.com.
Tsh Oxenreider is the main blogger behind Simple Mom, a blog dedicated to the art and science of living life simpler. She’s the author of Organized Simplicity and One Bite at a Time, and her next book will be available in early 2014 (Thomas Nelson, publisher). Tsh is also an advocate for Compassion International, is a regular contributor at (in)courage, is an A-List Expert with Real Simple magazine, and records a regular podcast with Homefries called The Simple Mom Podcast. She thinks a library card, a Netflix subscription, and a passport are some of the greatest parenting tools in the universe.
Clare Bowditch is an ARIA Award-winning songwriter, sometimes actor (stars as Rosanna Harding on the hit Channel 10 show “Offspring” for which she was Logie nominated), speaker, writer and creative-business mentor. She’s had Top Ten albums, been named Rolling Stone Woman of the Year (Contribution to Culture), Yen Young Woman of the Year (music), co-written with Gotye, toured with Leonard Cohen, written for Harpers Bazaar and the Drum, and currently hosts an Australian Music Show on Qantas.
In 2013, Clare launches Big Hearted Business, a new enterprise designed to teach creative people about business, and business people about creativity, in ways that make sense.
Along with her creative/business/husband Marty Brown, she has three glorious children, with no immediate plans for a forth or fifth (although no-one’s ruling it out for sure…)
Clare is regularly invited to sit on both Ministerial and Award-Assessment panels (OZCO, AMP, ARIA, APRA), was Secretary of the Music Victoria Board until 2012, and is a proud Ambassador for Smiling Mind, Life’s Little Treasures, PPCA and APRA.
A complete list of speakers is available on the ProBlogger Event website. Some of these confirmed speakers include:
- Trey Ratcliff - an outstanding photographer with over 4.6 million followers on Google+
- Bernadette Jiwa - author, blogger at The Story of Telling, speaker and ‘brand story strategist’
- Shayne Tilley - experienced online marketer, author, coach and one of our most popular speakers last year
- Justine Bloome - founder of the Village Agency and digital specialist.
- Nicole Avery from Planning with Kids
- Ed Dale from MagCast
- Pip Lincolne from JustB and Meet Me at Mikes
- Jess Van Den from Epheriell
We will be serving a light breakfast during registrations on Friday from 7.30am until 8.30am (the first morning) to help people get to know others right from the start. This is included in the price or your ticket.
There will also be a Friday night networking event in a special venue (TBA) with finger food and drinks also included in the price of tickets. This will be a great time for mixing, relaxing after a good day of learning and having a little fun (we may even start the next morning a little later for those who have too much fun).
Lunch, morning and afternoon tea is included on both days, giving you additional time to meet bloggers and brands.
This year’s event will be held at QT Gold Coast.
For more information on the venue, discounted accommodation, parking, transport and dietary requirements, please visit the ProBlogger Training Event website which will be updated with further information in the coming weeks.
What Attendees Said After Last Year's Event
- "The event was the most organised events I have attended. There was such a positive vibe in the room and the quality of speakers was right up there with the best."
- "The chance to meet other people who are blogging successfully was great. I learnt an enormous amount about working with brands, PR, etc but I also learnt about blogging in general. Other sessions confirmed things that I knew and that helped me to feel more confident in what I was doing in preparing to launch my blog shortly."
- "Excellent speakers - so many inspiring stories, and people who are really doing extraordinary things with their blogs. Great monetization information and ideas. So well run... Plus Darren and the team really care."
- "The honesty of the successful bloggers in terms of their journey and start up and continued challenges. I left feeling 'I can do this' and 'it is definitely not too late' and I have some great tools and ideas to go forth with."
Last year tickets sold fast! Don't miss out: reserve your ticket today!
Many thanks to our sponsors for supporting ProBlogger Training Day and helping us to keep ticket prices affordable for attendees.
When & Where
ProBlogger.net has been providing blogging tips since 2004 and was founded by Darren Rowse from Melbourne Australia.