ProBlogger Training Day - Melbourne
Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM (EST)
Update: after our 100 seats are sold out we have negotiated with the venue to add another 39 tickets. If these sell out please add your name to the waiting list so we can notify you of any cancellations.
This day of training is for bloggers wanting to come together to learn about taking their blog to the next level.
It is a full day even being run by Darren Rowse (problogger.net) and Chris Garrett (chrisg.com) and drawing in a number of other special guests to share their expertise on different elements of building successful blogs.
This event will begin at 9am on Tuesday 3rd August and end at 5pm that day. Doors open for registration (and tea and coffee) at 8.30am.
The schedule is still being formed up but based upon survey results of those interested in attending the day will cover 4 main topics:
- Finding Readers (by far the most requested topic)
- Monetization Strategies
- Creating Content (including generating ideas as well as writing content)
- Building Community and Reader Engagement
There will also be a session where you can ask any question you like of a panel - so we'll touch on other things too.
Note: this event is not designed for people who don't yet have blogs - it is for those who already have a blog up and running (ie: we will not be going over how to set up a blog, choices of blog platforms etc).
This event will be a relaxed and hopefully fun day with space for networking over morning and afternoon tea and lunch (all included in the price).
Different Learning Styles will be incorporated into the day including:
- solid teaching - one person sharing actionable teaching on topics being addressed
- case studies - I've approached a couple of successful local bloggers to come share their stories. One person that has already agreed to come and share is Collis Taeed from envato.com - an amazing company that has built many successful blogs, communities, marketplaces and educational sites. Update: we've also just confirmed Pip Lincolne from MeetMeAtMikes.com will be joining us to share a case study on her fantasic blog. ALSO Yaro Starak has just agreed to speak also - we'll get him in on the panel and on our monetization session!
- Q&A - throughout the day there will be opportunity for this plus there will be a panel.
- workshopping attendees blogs - this will be a bit of a challenge and with 100 in attendance we're unable to do everyones but we'll attempt to workshop a number of participants blogs as a group.
Jiki International Hotel is in Fairfield. If you're expecting a high end corporate venue, please lower your expectations a touch.
To keep the cost under $100 we've gone for a venue that's a little dated but which has everything we need - a big space, some wickedly psychedelic carpet, plenty of food, wifi, 100 free parking spots and only 6km out of the CBD.
Tickets for this event will cost $99. This includes lunch and both morning and afternoon tea.
There are only 100 tickets for this event. We've had 230+ register interest so pleaes avoid disappointment by booking your ticket today as the venue we have booked is certainly limited in size and if the feedback we've got already is anything to go by we do expect to sell out.
Note: this event will be filmed for use in future problogger teaching. We don't anticipate participants being filmed but audio from questions and comments of attendees may appear in videos shot at this event.
Need more information?
We've set up a gmail account for this event at email@example.com
We also have a Twitter account at @probloggerevent
after our first 100 seats are sold out we have negotiated with the venue to add another 39 tickets. If these sell out please add your name to the waiting list so we can notify you of any cancellations.
When & Where
ProBlogger.net has been providing blogging tips since 2004 and was founded by Darren Rowse from Melbourne Australia.