NEW and Fun Workshop with the Gallery Girls
This course provides an introduction to lino cut printing. No experience required. Participants will learn the basic skills and techniques to produce a linocut print. Development of a design, cutting techniques and printing techniques with and without a press will be covered.
This course will cover a range of techniques which include:
- Be introduced to the art of lino cut printing
- Develop an understanding of the print making medium, the materials and equipment used in printmaking
- Learn how to develop a print design
- Learn how to transfer print designs onto linoleum
- Learn lino cutting techniques required to carve a print
- Learn printing techniques with and without the use of a printing press
- Complete 1 lino cut carved block
- Complete at least 2 lino cut print from start to finish using a number of techniques
- Learn how to correctly sign and document lino cut prints
Red Brick Art
Since 2006 Red Brick Art has been focues on creating an open art community in Ventura where anyone can enjoy great art and try their hand at creating something of their own. Red Brick provides a wide variety of fun workshops and Painting Parties for all skill levles, from those who have been painitng for years to those who haven't tried art since grade school.
There are new weekly Workshops for adults and children in all mediums including Pastels, Mosaics, Watercolors, Acrylics, Drawing, PhotoShop, Photography and more. Our Paint Parties are a casual larger class where you learn and play they make great Date Nights, Ladies Night Out, Corporate Bonding Events, Birthday Parties and Fun Singles Events, join a group class or host your own private class.
We hope you join the fun at our new location and find your creative side.
Red Brick Art is located at 4601 Telephone Rd #112 Ventura CA 93003