PreAccelerate Demo Day
Tuesday, November 13, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CST)
PreAccelerate is not another “incubator” or “accelerator.” There are plenty of great programs out there for companies that are further along in their development, and have a fully developed concept and business model. But what about entrepreneurs that haven’t made it that far and want to prepare for the more advanced incubators and accelerators?
For those entrepreneurs we have created PreAccelerate. If you have nothing more than an idea that you are passionate about, PreAccelerate can help you build a plan and the skills you need to get to the next level.
Our comapnies are formed and they are ready to show off! Please join us!
6pm: Meet & Greet
6:30: Keynote - Clayton Christopher CEO, Co-Founder DeepEddy Vodka
About PreAccelerate: We are a specialized incubator bootcamp designed to help you take your idea from napkin to reality! You don’t need to be a business pro or serial entrepreneur to apply. Just complete the online application process for our upcoming Fall Session beginning Oct 8th.
Our 6-week program will include:
• Identifying Pains in the Marketplace
• Business Model Selection and Refinement
• Competitive Analysis
• Defining Total Addressable Market
• Preparing Detailed Steps Toward a Business Plan
• Defining Financial Requirements
• Preparing for Presentation to Investors/Customers
What does each selected company get?
• 6-week pre-accelerator boot camp
• 5 topic- and task-specific classes (one per week) + demo day
• One-on-one mentorship from entrepreneurs, executives and investors
• Free legal organization docs (not including filing fees and expenses)
• Free office space for duration of the bootcamp
• Access to Demo Day funding forum
* And, at the end of the program, the company with the best overall business proposal will receive $5,000 in seed money. Companies selected for participation must transfer 6% equity in exchange for program entry
About our Sponsors:
Napkin Venture was built by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We can help you launch, protect, pivot, grow and prep you for funding. Our expert team has the expertise, resources and support you need to move your company to the next level. If you just started a business or are thinking about it, we can help you make the right decisions to get going. Look around and let us know how we can help you move your idea from the napkin to reality! Big or small, we are ready to work for you.
Napkin Venture offers:
• Business Entity Formation & Legal Documents*
• Investor Prep Sessions
• Business Strategy
• Drop-in Support Teams
Investor Prep Sessions
Tech Ranch Austin is the place where Austin tech entrepreneurs come to get the knowledge, support and inspiration they need to launch companies that impact our most critical global challenges. We offer classes, consultation, office and co-working space and access to a collaborative, connected community.
Tech Ranch Austin is based on the principals of constant improvement through education and the support of the entrepreneurial community. Entrepreneurs that interact with the Ranch receive the expertise and experience of mentors, teachers and trainers while simultaneously learning from the other technology companies that are experiencing similar challenges and successes. Since this time, more programs, partners and start-up successes have been added and the scope continues to expand.
Tech Ranch offers:
• Venture Start, our 4-class series for developing and refining your business idea.
• Venture Forth, our 8-week boot-camp to help you launch your business.
Private or Shared Office Space rent
MWR Legal is a full-service “Legal Consultancy” business law firm. We are AV-rated* by our legal peers, and the go-to law firm for entrepreneurs and executives alike. As Outsourced General Counsel we offer our clients the depth and experience of a traditional full service firm, while providing the responsiveness and flexibility of an in-house counsel.
MWR Legal Offers:
• Entity Selection and Formation
• Capital Raising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities Law
• Contract Review and Revision
• Intellectual Property, Patent, Trademark, Licensing, Litigation, Dispute Resolution
*Napkin Venture does not provide legal services, but has negotiated pricing with licensed attorneys who provide legal services for Napkin Venture clients at greatly reduced rates.