Pre-Summit Workshops (EdTechTeam California Desert Summit featuring Google for Education)
- Family & Education
- La Quinta High School, La Quinta
GET Authorized Bootcamp
Google Educator Trainer (GET) Train the Trainer (T3) Bootcamp serves two purposes: to raise awareness about how Google tools can be used in education to; ignite inquiry, promote collaboration, and allow for authentic publishing and sharing, (with students and among colleagues), and to prepare participants to pass the Google Educator Test and submit their certification application.
Become a Google Educator to be recognized for your mastery. Each session includes an interactive overview, top tips from the Google Educator Training Center, hands-on activities, and inspiring ideas for how to use Google for teaching, learning, and professional collaboration. The activities are flexible, designed to help new users quickly understand the "core magic" of each app - and to challenge veteran users by revealing features and innovative uses they never imagined. The experience is grounded in Google culture, complete with high-energy fast-paced demonstrations and challenging activities that can truly be called "hard fun." There is no better preparation for teaching and learning with Google Apps - or for passing the Google Educator tests.
Certification is not included in the bootcamp (passing five tests, submitting an application, and approval from Google are required following the event). Taking tests and applying for certification is not necessary for participating in the bootcamp.
Admin Console Technical Retreat
Do you manage Google Apps for your school or district? Have you configured your Admin Console around the best practices? The default console does not come configured for a school environment so find out what settings you really should change by attending this technical session. In the session will provide a deep dive of the Admin Console, which will include tips on how to manage users, groups, services and Chromebooks with ease. As well as a look at the third party services which will make your life easier and protect and secure your domain.
Topics covered include:
- EDU focused Admin Console best practices
- Deep dive walkthrough
- OU Structures
- Deployment Best Practices
- Asset Management
- Essential Third Party Tools
- Security and Compliance
- User TrainingCancellation Policy: All registrations are final and non-refundable. Registration is, however, transferrable. If you cannot make it to the event, please find a colleague to attend in your place.Note: Approximately one month prior to your event, you will be notified if the workshop, you have selected must be cancelled due to insufficient registrations. In the event that a workshop is cancelled you will have the option to transfer your registration to a workshop that will be taking place or request a full refund. We recommend holding off on transportation and lodging purchases until the 30 day deadline occurs.
The EdTechTeam is a global network of educational technologists. The core team of world-class leaders below works closely with a cohort of over a hundred contractors world-wide. We are a nimble organization, able to be flexible and responsive to your needs.