San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Public Relations Workshop
How to Get Local Media to Publish Your
Business or Nonprofit Story!
Wednesday, October 9, 6-8pm
Location: INTEGRAL GROUP Sustainability Engineering Experts
427- 13th Street at Broadway, Oakland
Our esteemed panel of Bay Area media and PR professionals will share exactly what they look for when choosing a news article or story for publication. What makes it newsworthy or not? They'll give tips on how to craft the best pitch or hook for the story, how to reach the right person and more.
Plus- Hands on time to prepare your pitch, present it to each panelist and receive immediate feedback.
- Kathleen Richards, East Bay Express, Editor
- Carolyn Said, San Francisco Chronicle, Staff Writer
- Judson Walsh, San Francisco Business Times, Director of Business Development and Promotions
- Kim Bardakian, Visit Oakland, Director of PR and Partnerships
Please register now to reserve your seat. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Your SBA Event team,
Lisa, Erin, Mark
When & Where
Sustainable Business Alliance + Oakland Grown
The Sustainable Business Alliance (SBA) is a business association committed to building a vibrant community of locally-owned, sustainably-minded businesses in the East Bay.
SBA’s vision is for an East Bay network of business, community residents, and government engaged in actions that benefit the local economy, social equity, the environment, and quality of life for current and future generations. We do this through:
- Providing our members with opportunities for networking, business development, and learning best practices for operating sustainably.
- Educating the public on the benefits of local living economies and encouraging residents and businesses to spend locally.
- Supporting public policy changes that advance sustainable economic development, through our affiliation with the American Sustainable Business Council.
Oakland Grown is a program of the Sustainable Business Alliance.
Oakland Grown's mission is to build an economy by the people, of the people and for the people of Oakland.
Our Members are a diverse community of over 700 local businesses, social enterprises, artisans, and service providers.