The PR Summit Boot Camp Conference addresses the changing media & public relations landscape. Industry professionals in a variety of vertical markets and industries will provide attendees with latest case-studies, insights, fresh ideas, tools, and best success practices that can be applied can be applied to a person's skills set.
San Francisco LGBT Community Center
Rainbow Room, 2nd Floor
1800 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Thursday, July 22, 2010
The conference will explore the following topics and ideas:
- Guerilla PR 101: What is Guerilla PR? Where did it come from?
- Social Networking & Web 2.0/3.0 Marketing/PR to diverse communities and market segments.
- 'Cultivating Evangelists'
- Digital Advocacy & Community Relations
- Social Media & New Media Protocols
- "The Power of Words"
- Building Community & Making Users into Fans
- Combining old-school print PR with modern PR
Who Should Attend?
- Business Owners
- Media Consultants
- PR Professionals
- Brand Managers
- Marketing Professionals
- Boutique PR Agencies
- Press & Bloggers
Attendee's will receive the following perks & benefits:
- A full conference pass and access to all workshops and product demo's.
- Complimentary breakfast, LUNCH, snacks, and beverages.
- Free WIFI throughout the venue
- Product giveaways from our participating sponsors
- VIP invite to 'Geek Chic' post-party WITH FREE complimentary cocktails & DJ.
- Included with conference registration is a one-year subscription to Fast Company. (Click Here)
- Justin.tv Channel (CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE CONFERENCE ONLINE)
- Registration fee before June 20th is $145.00
- Registration fee after June 20th is $165.00
- On-site registration is $200.00 day of (July 15th | July 22nd)
- A limited amount of student tickets will be made available at a cost of $70.00. All registrants must possess an .edu email address and present school I.D. the day of the conference.
- Group discounts are available when registering 3 or more people from the same company. A group discount of 35% will be applied to the overall ticket price. Please contact the events department @ info (@) prsummit.org
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS:
- Akilah Bolden-Monifa - CBS 5
- Ari Kalfayan - Reason To Party
- Beth Schnitzer - Pier 39
- Blythe Beaubien - winePRess PR
- Cassandra Phillips - Failcon
- Christopher McCann - TheStartUpDigest
- Craig Lipton - Media Consultant
- Dan Martell - Flowtown
- Daniel Lemin - PainePR
- Darren Darnborough - StuckForStaff.com
- David Perry - David Perry & Associates
- David Spark - Spark Media Solutions
- Jason Dorn - Paper Boy Productions
- Jeremy Toeman - Stage Two Consulting
- Jewell Sparks - Indie Vixens/ Strategic Diversity Group
- Joanna Riley Weidenmiller - The One Page Company
- Johna Burke - Burrelles Luce
- Joshua Weinberg - The Digital Life Consulting Group
- Juan Barajas - GLAAD
- Lane Kasselman - Cal Innovates/ Kasselman Inc.
- Leyla Farah - Cause-PR
- Liana Burtsava - Founder, Trendy Lime, Social Media @ McKinsey
- Matt Hicks - Facebook
- Myles Weissleder - Myler Media
- Preston Lewis - Bonfire Communications
- Ryan Singel - Wired Magazine
- Tamara Mendelsohn - Eventbrite
- Teresa Rodriguez - Jetset Extra
Director of Communications (CBS 5 I The CW 44cable12 and CBS Radio)
Topic: "Preaching Beyond the “Choir”: Combining Generation 1.0 media with 2.0 plus media to get the word out."
Topic: "Social Media Part II: Monetizing Popularity on Facebook, Twitter, etc"
Lunch Time Presentation by Matt Hicks (Manager of Corporate Communications, Facebook)
Topic: Facebook’s Lessons from the Front Lines of Social Media
Description: Social media is no longer optional for PR practitioners, it’s a requirement in their daily repertoire. Just as pitches, press releases and press conferences have been the bread-and-butter of traditional PR, tweets, blog posts and Facebook Pages are the must-haves today. Hear lessons directly from Facebook about what’s worked and what hasn’t in its own use of social media in communications, and learn new strategies for applying it in your PR campaigns.
3 Minute Demo Pitch:
• Dan Olsen: YourVersion (www.yourversion.com)
• Gleb Budman: Backblaze (www.backblaze.com)
• Kevin Lin: Justin.tv (www.backblaze.com)
Justin.tv is the easiest way to create live video and show anyone in the world what's happening right now. Using only a laptop or cell phone, you can share your event, product launch, weekly show or daily status update, live. Reach anyone in over 250 countries while they chat in real-time with you and with other viewers. Live video can help you motivate a crowd to tell their friends what's happening, follow you on Twitter, buy a product, donate to a cause or get up out of their chairs and take action. Justin.tv is truly interactive and real-time -- you can't talk to tens of thousands of people in person, but you can do it on Justin.tv. It's easy, fun and fast to talk live with the world on Justin.tv. One new live video starts each second, and users watch more than 300 million videos every month. Headquartered in San Francisco, Justin.tv is funded by Alsop Louie Partners, Tim Draper and Y Combinator.
List of Companies Demo'ing @ PR Summit Boot Camp Conference:
Backblaze is an online backup company that provides the only "backup all data" service with unlimited storage for just $5 per month. Backblaze has won numerous awards and reviews including being selected as one of AlwaysOn's Top Global Private Companies and as a Crunchie nominee for Best Technology Achievement. Backblaze has been bootstrapped since inception and is profitable and cash flow positive. Start backing up your data free at www.backblaze.com.
YourVersion (http://yourversion.com/) is "Pandora for your real-time web content": a personalized discovery engine that brings you the latest news, blogs, tweets, and videos tailored to the topics you care about. YourVersion also offers a free iPhone app at http://bit.ly/yv-app so you can discover on the go.
If you are an interested in being a speaker, sponsor or work for the press, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our website at www.prsummit.org for a full list of event details and speaker bio's.
When & Where
Graffiti PR is a subculture of revolutionary expressionist that defy the rules of conventional communication. As a dynamic and diversified niche media company, Graffiti PR brings a cutting edge perspective to media relations.