On Thursday 23 February, from 7.00pm until late, 500 of the Top PRs in the UK will come out in force to support their own at Shoreditch Town Hall, providing a beautiful backdrop for an evening of entertainment.
Anyone from the worlds of PR, Marketing, Social Media, Digital and Advertising are welcome, including students and freelancers.
And don't forget to bring your other half as couples are welcome - even if they don't work in the industry!
For a ticket price of just £25, you will get:
- A 'Brite Fizz' signature cocktail upon arrival, courtesy of Eventbrite
- 3 free drinks from the bar
- Live entertainment from the amazing She Makes War
- DJ set from Matt Brawn
- A prom photo as a keepsake of the night
- Food provided by Eat.St:
- Mini wraps, mini rolls and mini portion of ribs from The Rib Man
- Stews from around the world from Stewed and Baked
- Imperial BBQ Pho Rolls, Op La Di Beef Pho Rolls and Fish Q Pho Rolls from Banhmi11
- And more to come on the night...
What you're supporting by attending:
The PR Prom is a fundraising event in support of Bright One
, a volunteer-run communications agency for the third sector. Bright One makes public relations possible for third sector organisations who can’t afford a commercial agency. We match charities with teams of volunteers from the industry - volunteers get practical experience and to do some good by giving something back to the community. The charities get high-standard communications, so they can concentrate on their day job. Bright One is run 100% by volunteers
and has delivered 10,000 volunteer hours
of communications expertise, worth £1,500,000, to 40 charitable organisations
over the last three years..
What 100% of PR Prom profits will fund:
Bright One operates on around £5,000 per year. There are no paid staff, so your ticket will help to pay for running costs like website hosting and maintenance, admin costs, printing, legal and accounting costs, volunteer insurance and volunteer travel expenses. Also refreshments for client meetings - almost all meetings are held after work, so we feel it’s only fair to give our volunteers a caffeine boost while they start their Bright One meeting after a long day!
Demand for Bright One’s services is always greater than we can supply, so we’re developing a tool to help more charities, by allowing people to volunteer online. Bright Works, our microvolunteering platform, is free for all charities to use, they register their task, communications volunteers log on and complete it. It is still early days and the platform is evolving, but so far 25 charities have used the platform and over 300 volunteers have registered to help.
Here are just a few of the charities that Bright One has supported:
- Centrepoint - The leading charity for homeless young people.
- Choir With No Name - A choir for homeless and vulnerable people
- St Dunstan's - Providing training and rehabilitation to blind ex-service men and women.
- Learn As One - Help to fund a school in Africa and see your money in action
- The Pixel Project - Raising global awareness & US$1m for endng violence against women
- WYSE - Supporting emerging leaders for global change
- The DoNation - Donate by doing' on the green sponsorship platform replacing cash with action.
- MTV's Staying Alive Foundation - Working with young people fighting to conquer HIV and AIDS in their local communities in the most creative and innovative ways
- Future Dreams - Mother & daughter cancer patients Sylvie Henry & Danielle Leslie raised over £700,000 for a future without cancer!
- Mardi - Unleashing the potential of university students and alumni to be effective changemakers
And if you're a latecomer, you can also buy tickets on the door.
Want to know who you'll be mingling with? Some of the attending organisations below, plus many more and lots of freelancers.
- Hanson Search
- ING Media
- The Works
- Cohn & Wolfe
- Waggener Edstrom
- We Are Social
- Richmond Towers
- 10 Yetis
- Hill & Knowlton
- 3 Monkeys
- 33 Digital
- Spark Communications
- Good Relations
- Phiness PR
- Parker Hobart
- Online Fire
- Blue Rubicon
- Broadgate Mainland
- Emanate PR
- EML Wildfire
- Fishburn Hedges
- The Guardian
- Holmes Report
- Portfolio Communications
- Source Marketing Communications
- Speed Communications
- University of Greenwich
- University of Westminster
- University of Kent
- University of Leicester
- University of Bournemouth