PowerUp NY Rooftop Solar Seminar
Saturday, October 10, 2009, 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Habana Outpost, 757 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11217
Scientists and solar energy experts will speak on the advantages of rooftop solar systems in New York State, the relationship between CO2 and climate change, large and small-scale rooftop solar power systems, and how individuals can take advantage of government incentives to install solar power systems on their rooftops. There will also be an opportunity to register with local NABCEP-certified solar power system installers for a rooftop solar site evaluation. The event is being held at Habana Outpost, NYC's first solar powered restaurant and ecoeatery.
1:00 - 2:30 | Talks
- Dr. Jacqueline Floyd, PowerUp NY, Introduction
- Chris Neidl, SolarOne, "Why Solar is a Great Fit for NYC, and Vice Versa"
- Dr. Gavin Schmidt, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, "Climate Change and CO2"
- Christopher Moustakis, Solar Energy Systems, "The Economics of Solar"
- Jim MacDonald, Solar Energy Systems, "Commercial and Large-Scale Solar Installations"
- Rob Ashmore, Aeon Solar, "Residential Solar Installations"
2:30 - 3:00 | Open Panel, Q&A
- Andrew Personette, DMD Green, Moderator
3:00 - 4:00 | Meet and Greet, Registration Opportunity
- Register for a rooftop solar site inspection and speak one-on-one with the speakers.
- Free beer provided by Sixpoint Craft Ales.
Follow us on Twitter (@powerupny) for updates and discussion.
When & Where
If you have questions about this event, email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our website at http://www.powerupny.org.