Yes, kapaMEALya is still alive!
Let's have a potluck! As we all know sharing a meal with others is an intergral part of eating, especially in the Philippines. It will be a great opportunity to share your culinary creations with the community! Plus, we think Chef Dom of Mercury Lounge (who was so kind to let us use his space) should sit this one out and actually EAT instead of COOK for us! I really never seen him eat before!
Mercury Lounge will be closing March 1, 2012, so let's gather one last time in a space that gave us so many great memories and yummy food.
- When registering, PLEASE indicate what you are going to bring as your dish.
- Please bring your own serving utensils
- If bringing guests, please let us know how many
- The event is FREE for those bringing dish; however, if you are NOT bringing a food item to share, please be so kind to drop a little sumptin' sumptin' in one of our tip jars. This will cover costs such as clean up and supplies.
WHAT TO MAKE?
- Because we promote Filipino food, it would be nice to see some on our buffet spread, but by all means, bring something that RESONATES in YOU - Filipino or not. Momma's pasta. Dad's BBQ ribs. Tita's cake. You feel me? If it's good, bring it!
- If you bring something you made from your own kitchen, please be ready to disclose ingredients in case there are vegetarians, vegans, gluten-free, seafood allergies, etc.
Please RSVP ASAP so we know how many to cook for! Can't wait to see you all!
PS: Regarding entertainment, I'm all ears! Let me hear your ideas!