Potential Election Judge Recruitment for 2016 Presidential Election
Recruitment is a continuous process even in off-election years. The next election will be the 2016 Presidential election-cycle. The Primary Election is scheduled for Tuesday, November 8, 2016. If you are interested in joining the team of election judges, please complete this survey!
Who can be an election judge?
Under Maryland law, you can serve as an election judge if you are:
- Age 17 or older*
- Are a registered voter in Maryland
- Physically and mentally able to work at least a 15-hour day
- Willing to work outside your home precinct
- Able to sit and/or stand for an extended period
- Can speak, read, and write English
* If you are 17 years old, you can serve if you demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the county Board of Elections, that you meet the requirements for an election judge and at least one parent or guardian gives permission.
NOTE: Some positions require election judges to be able to lift boxes and other items weighing 10 to 25 lbs.
Bilingual election judges are also needed.
You cannot be an election judge and a:
- Candidate or currently hold a public or political office, including State and county political party central committees OR
- Chairman, campaign manager or treasurer for a political or candidate committee
Thank you very much for your interest and we look forward to working with you in the future!