Jersey City, NJ - 7 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
Portland, OR "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
September 11, 2013
5 AIA HSW CE Hours
2 GBCI CMP Credit Hours for LEED Professionals
1 LEED Specific BD+C GBCI CE Hour
Gift Card Drawings at Conclusion of the Event - Sponsored by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
08:00 AM Registration
08:30 – 09:30 AM
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E – Update July 2013
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Patrick Barton
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
09:40 - 10:40 AM
Roof Gardens, Basic Design Principles
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: 00G106
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Richard Stever
This one-hour course includes the learning of proper design principles for Roof Gardens.
Subjects include proper membrane selection and application, drainage principles, plant
selection, methods of vegetation and the performance advantages of Roof Garden
implementation. Attendees will also learn various methods of Roof Garden installation as
well as advantages and disadvantages of traditional and modular Roof Garden systems
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICS06C – Updated April 2013
1 GBCI CMP Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Pothara In
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain the importance of “going beyond green.”
11:50 - 12:30 PM Lunch Provided
12:30 - 01:30 PM
10 Things You Need to Know about LEED v4
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: GCE00C
1 LEED Specific BD+C GBCI CE Hour | GBCI ID: 0090010405
1 LEED Specific GBCI CE Hour for LEED Green Assoc.
AIA Provider: GreenCE,Inc.
Presenter: Heather DeGrella
1. Describe the evolution of LEED and critical dates for implementation
2. List the four main components that make up the framework for LEED Version 4
3. Compare the structure of LEED v4 rating systems to earlier versions of LEED
4. Explain the concept of product transparency and how LEEDv4 rewards transparency
Grow your insights into the new LEED v4 rating system. We explore the fundamental concepts behind the development of LEED v4, including the expansion of the system into new market sectors as well as internationally. This session explores the goal of improved environmental outcomes for buildings, the addition of a new credit category, and why the shift to building materials transparency. Participants will leave with a firm understanding of why and how the LEED green building rating system has evolved.
01:40 - 02:40 PM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IS507A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: David Stahler
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow
retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
02:50 - 03:50 PM TBD
Gift Card Drawings...
This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.