Poptism is excited to launch our first family event on Saturday, June 1st, 2013 at the Oakland Coliseum. Join us to watch the A's take on the Chicago White Sox at 1pm! With pre-game all you can eat starting at 11am!
- 2 hours of all you can eat pre-game IN THE STADIUM (including Soda, Water)
- Awesome seats, Plaza Outfield, 3rd base line by foul pole (view->Sec 232)
- First 10K fans will receive Replica Cespedes Jerseys!
- Great opportunity to meet other Bay Area families
- Kick off for Poptism.org
The game kicks off at 1pm, but we will be providing food starting at 11am, then walk right out to our seats. The food and beverage is provided by the stadium, this is a great, great deal and a fantastic way for dads to spend time with their families and make memories.
The tickets are only $25 ($37 face value) - and includes 2 hours of ALL YOU CAN EAT pre-game Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Soda, water, popcorn, salad and more! An awesome deal!
Can't make the game? Then make a donation to Poptism and WIN 2 tickets to a game and to watch the Batting Practice session:
Donations tiers are set as recommended levels. Every donation will be eligible to win (2) tickets to the Oakland A's July 25th 7pm game, with Batting Practice passes!
Can't afford tickets but want to bring the family? Apply here!
Poptism’s mission is to help inspire men of all ages to fulfill their responsibilities as fathers and to foster a sense of community among men from various socio-economic walks of life through educational and social events. We want to help make a world where fathers are connected to their children and their children feel loved and inspired by their fathers. All funds given to Poptism will go towards providing three key things:
1. Free and subsidized events, to encourage bonding time for dads and their kids, such as baseball games, trips to aquariums, zoos and other family friendly, educational opportunities across the Bay Area and beyond. For example, we plan on giving away up to 100 tickets to THIS GAME to families in the Bay Area, Foster parents and through social workers. Your donation will help to cover those tickets and serve us funds for future events.
2. Free and subsidized workshops for fathers, absentee fathers and fathers-to-be to promote responsible fatherhood. Workshops will also be free or subsidized and offered to local high schools and institutions where men of all ages can be inspired. Topics will range from having a child with special needs to creating a family budget, preparing for fatherhood and beyond.
3. Build a community of men, not defined by religion, race, income or location that all want to be better dads and want to build a community that will improve our immediate world, and the world we leave to our children.
Poptism is a belief, a value, a promise, a certainty, a movement. It is faith in the power of positive fatherhood. You feel it when a father first sees his child, or when they learn that they will first become dads, or later in life when their children graduate high school or college; that feeling is “poptism”. They are optimistic of their child’s future, and they will forever see their children as their babies regardless of their age. We also like to embody Poptism in sayings like: “Poptism #35: It is always okay to get dirty when you have fun!”
You can learn more about Poptism's co-founding executive board here.
Poptism is currently in the application stage for 501c3 status. We hope to have it official by October 2013. In the meantime, we will be accepting donations into Poptism Inc. Once we achieve 501c3 status we will issue receipts for donations that will be fully tax deductible. We are an official public benefit corporation in the state of CA as of April 26, 2013!
We want to thank Operative Words for donating their work to help us name Poptism. We also would like to thank the employees of Trulia for their early support to our vision. Finally we want to thank the Pops that are there everyday for their kids, for just trying to be Poptimistic!
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you at the game! Follow us on Twitter @poptism