San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"The greatness of an individual is not in how much wealth they can acquire, but in their integrity and ability to affect those around them positively." -Bob Marley
Almost one year ago a grave tragedy took place in CT. Sadly innocent lives of children and educators were lost, leaving behind families and loved ones. We want to forever carry on their memory and recognize how important it is to band together as a community to continue to heal from this tragedy.
In honor of the My Sandy Hook Family Fund we will be hosting a "plunge party" at Lake Compounce New England's Family Theme Park in Bristol, CT. Get ready to make a splash for an amazing cause! Please come out to show your support and don't let a little chilly water keep you from being a part of this extraordinary opportunity! Take a leap into the lake and show some love for the families and community of Newtown!
An After Plunge Party will be hosted at Bleachers Bar in Bristol beginning at 12:00pm. It is conveniently right down the road from the park (300 Middle Street, Bristol). There will be great food, raffles, and fun for all!
The World Adult Kickball Association (WAKA) will also be supporting our charity efforts. This is a wonderful organization that gathers adults together to play kickball, make great friends, and celebrate the value of sportsmanship through league celebrations and special events. It is a network of amazing people from across the US dedicated to having fun and making a difference.
MORE EVENT DETAILS:
- Sunday, December 8, 2013.
- Participants must be 21 years of age or older
- Registration for "plungers" will begin at 8:00am at Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT.
- Participants will begin to "plunge" into the lake at 10:00am. We will be jumping from the dock and will keep the rotation going until everyone has had their chance to chill out for charity!
- Lake Compounce has heated changing facilities that will be made available to participants. Hot beverages will be provided for participants as well to help with the warming process!
- There is a $50 minimum fundraising goal for all people who wish to participate in the plunge at Lake Compounce.
- Tickets for the After Plunge Party at Bleachers Bar are $20.00 for non-participants, $10.00 for plunge particpants that fundraise $50, and any plunge particpant that fundraises $100 or more will receive a free dinner, 1 free drink ticket, and 5 free raffle tickets!
- If you do not want to make the plunge please cosider fundraising for the event and purchasing tickets for the After Plunge Celebration.
- All proceeds will go to the My Sandy Hook Family Fund. Check out their page at http://www.everribbon.com/ribbon/view/10076
- ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT SEAN CUMMINGS AT email@example.com or (203)525-7069 or MOLLY GOODINE AT firstname.lastname@example.org or (860)919-4352
- EVENT PARKING: ON DAY OF EVENT PLEASE PARK ACROSS THE STREET FROM 822 LAKE AVE IN THE EMPLOYEE PARKING LOT!
When & Where
Sean Cummings and Molly Goodine
Sean Cummings is a loving father and hard working man with a fierce passion for making a difference in the lives of others. He is the WAKA Community Coordinator for Naugatuck and is an active member of the charity event community. He has hosted a number of events to support local charity groups and broke a Guiness World Record playing in the longest kickball game in the world to support a childhood cancer research foundation.
Molly Goodine is an elementary school teacher in Waterbury and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for others. She loves any opportunity to get involved in a charity event and is truly committed to making a difference in any way she can. She has experience hosting a variety of charity events and also broke a Guiness World Record playing in the longest kickball game in the world to support a childhood cancer research foundation.
Lake Compounce, part of the Palace Entertainment family of parks, is New England's Family Theme Park. It is the oldest, continuously-operating amusement park in North America, having its genesis more than 165 years ago in 1846! The park has had more than $40 million invested in rides and attractions during the recent years, and today is more beautiful than ever. We are super excited to have them host our first chairty plunge event!!
Bleachers Bar offers a tremendous selection of beverages and delicious food, including over 20 draft beers, varieties of spirits, chicken wings, sandwiches, and much more! Their staff is welcoming and makes the experience that much more enjoyable. They have pool tables, darts, a juke box, and HD TVs to view your favorite sporting events. There is live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings, special events during weeknights, and they are proud to host private parties and charity events. We are so excited to have them on board to host our After Plunge Party!!!