Hang On! You're currently in line...
Don't leave or refresh, you may lose your spot!
Pleasant Ridge Park Trail Day March 15 Work - Stay - Ride Weekend
Join us for some physical fun in the woods for a day or two. We will work on the new trail that is near completion and ride bikes and/or hike If you want to stay overnight we will have fun by the campfire and have a mini-Banff film festival when we show your favorite action adventure YouTube videos on the big screen. Sunday we will jump back out on the trail to wrap up a fun weekend that will make your body and spirit feel strengthened. The forecast, as of 3/7, calls for sun and highs in the 60’s – PERFECT FOR BEING OUT IN THE WOODS
We will start the workday at 9am and work until 2 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Bring your bike or hiking boots to hit the trail afterward.
Register above for either Saturday or Sunday or both (we prefer the latter!)
Lunch is not provided unless you purchase the meal package and are staying overnight. We will have coffee and donuts in the morning.
What to Bring:
•Snacks & Lunch
•Closed Toed Shoes
•Water Bottle (coolers with extra water will be provided)
•Gloves (we will have some loaner gloves available)
•Clothes that can get dirty
If you are going to join your other trail friends and stay overnight YOU MUST CALL 864-660-1065 to register. There will be two options for lodging; cabins (bunk style) or bring a tent or camper and stay in the campground at no cost. (The campground has water and electric hook up and the bathhouse will be open) Click here for a Virtual Tour of the Retreat Center, its pretty cool. Click Here.
For just $32 bucks we will feed you lunch, dinner and then breakfast and lunch. Just let us know you want the meal package when you call to register for the overnight - 864-660-1065.
Where to Go:
Pleasant Ridge Park is located at 4232 Highway 11, Marietta, SC 29661. GPS navigation systems don't work very well with this address but they will get you close. Please use directions below.
Directions: (From Greenville):
- Take Highway 25 past Travelers Rest toward Asheville, NC.
- Exit onto Highway 11
- At top of ramp, turn right onto Highway 11 (will cross over Highway 25)
- Go approximately 1 - 1.5 miles and the Park will be on your right. (Look for sign that says Pleasant Ridge Camp & Retreat Center at the top and Pleasant Ridge Park at the bottom.
Parking & Registration:
- Once you enter the park follow the road 0.7 miles to the Camp & Retreat Center entrance.
- Take a left and park just up the short hill before the buildings.
- Registration will be outside the Camp Lodge between 8:30am - 9:00am
- Coffee and Snacks will be provided.
- Park Hero T-Shirts will be available while supplies last.
- Each volunteer must sign a waiver and check-in.
This event will be held with support from Pleasant Ridge Camp & Retreat Center, Greater Greenville Parks Foundation, Greenville County Rec, and Upstate SORBA.
Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Trail work includes use of sharp, heavy and potentially dangerous hand tools. Professional trail builders will be on-site with machinery. Trail building can be a fun activity and a good workout but volunteers must be aware of the risks inherent of this project. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.