San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Help us build 6 miles of new moutain biking and hiking trails at Pleasant Ridge Park.
Greenville County Rec and Upstate SORBA are currently building a 6 mile multi-use hiking and biking trail system at Pleasant Ridge Park off Highway 11. A local, professional trail builder is hard at work getting this new system started but we need your help to complete this project. There will be 3 trail work days in the next 3 months for volunteers to come up and lend a hand. During these events volunteers will groom the trail by clearing corridor, raking the trail bed, lopping roots, building rock armor sections and working on wet crossings. Volunteers will work with trained trail builders and use tools provided by Greenville County Rec.
Please note that this will be hard work and is not recommended for young children.
Please pre-register by singing up online so we know how many volunteers are coming and can communicate with you prior to the event.
Date: Saturday, January 18
Time: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Food: Lunch is not provided. We will have coffee and donuts in the morning.
What to Bring:
- Snacks & Lunch
- Closed Toed Shoes
- Water Bottle (coolers with extra water will be provided)
- Gloves (we will have some loaner gloves available)
- Clothes that can get dirty
Where to Go:
Pleasant Ridge Park is located at 4232 Highway 11, Marietta, SC 29661. GPS navigation systems don't work very well with this address but they will get you close. Please use directions below.
Directions: (From Greenville):
- Take Highway 25 past Travelers Rest toward Asheville, NC.
- Exit onto Highway 11
- At top of ramp, turn right onto Highway 11 (will cross over Highway 25)
- Go approximately 1 - 1.5 miles and the Park will be on your right. (Look for sign that says Pleasant Ridge Camp & Retreat Center at the top and Pleasant Ridge Park at the bottom.
Parking & Registration:
- Once you enter the park the road will split.
- Take the fork to the right and park in that parking lot.
- Registration will be in the shelter at the end of the parking lot between 8:30am - 9:00pm
- Coffee and Snacks will be provided.
- Park Hero T-Shirts will be available while supplies last.
- Each volunteer must sign a waiver and check-in.
This event will be held with support from Pleasant Ridge Camp & Retreat Center, Greater Greenville Parks Foundation, Greenville County Rec, and Upstate SORBA.
This project is not recommended for young children. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Trail work includes use of sharp, heavy and potentially dangerous hand tools. Professional trail builders will be on-site with machinery. Trail building can be a fun activity and a good workout but volunteers must be aware of the risks inherent of this project. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
When & Where
Greenville County Parks, Recreation, & Tourism
Our Mission:To be a leader in providing diverse, dynamic, ever-improving recreation opportunities in a sustainable manner for the citizens of Greenville County.