Available & Low-Light Photography in Grand Central Terminal
- Hobbies & Special Interest
- Grand Central Terminal (Just Outside of the Station Master's Office on Main Floor), New York NY
Early Bird Special until 3/31/13 is $75 - will be $100 starting 4/1!
This conference is a full day, hands on, everything you need to know. Period. Essentials, workflow, tips and tricks, importing, development, slideshows, printing, tethering, syncing, virtual copies, presets, targeted adjustments, noise, sharpness and everything in between. If you are serious about learning Lightroom, this is the Workshop for you. Here is a list of what may be covered in this 6 hour Workshop:
1. Workflow - Making it work for you: How to organize your images and take back control;
2. Digital Asset Management;
3. Rating, key-wording, culling;
4. Importing images;
5. Color management and profiles;
6. Image throughput to Photoshop and back again;
7. Automating workflow with presets and beyond; and
8. How to quickly choose the best and forget the rest.
9. Post-processing - development module;
10. Turn your images into a masterpiece (It's easier than you think);
11. Parametric non-linear adjustments;
12. Exposure control and correction;
13. Color control and correction;
14. White balance;
15. Noise suppression; and
17. Output - Sharing your images with the world;
18. Print module;
19. Proper color management;
20. How to build slide shows (with music); and
21. Custom Book formatting.
Requirements: A laptop with Version 3 or 4 of Lightroom on it even if it is a trial version. You may download a trial version of Adobe Lightroom from the Adobe website THE DAY OF CLASS as its only good for 30 days. Please also bring an extra powerstrip for your laptop as well as the POWER CORD to your laptop as this is an ALL DAY Workshop – you will need to plug in.
About the Instructor:
Clifford Pickett is professional commercial photographer, event photographer and educator based in NYC. He first picked up a camera while spending a year traveling through Europe after having earned his MBA early. Like many travelers, that passion for seeing and experiencing the world is precisely what ignited the spark for photography. Clifford has spent all of his time since learning how to see and capture the world with the fresh eyes that traveling affords. He hasn't been shooting for 40 years, he hasn't been alive for 40 years. He hasn't been classically trained in the fine arts either. He is entirely self taught, through books, workshops, seminars, DVD's and real life, it is this that perhaps may be his greatest asset, the ability to relate to the amateur photographer. Not having been so far removed, it is this understanding that allows him to help his students see through the cloud of misinformation and confusion and marketing spins to find real answers to questions from those who share the same passion for the world, and need to capture and share it, that he does. Leveraging both the business and photographic skills he has developed while managing a private testing laboratory, he recently is the owner of a photography company specializing in the construction industry and a commercial video production company. His corporate clients include Estée Lauder, Sephora and Clinique.
You may sign up for a free membership to our Workshop group as well as our free newsletter at: www.nycdpw.com. By signing up for the free newsletter, you will receive notifications of new Workshop topics being offered and a link to RSVP for that Workshop.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.