Philadelphia Open Apiary Day 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EDT)
The Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild's Open Apiary Day is your chance to see different apiaries all around the city. The apiaries in this year's event are spread out around the city in 3 large zones - West Philadelphia, Center City/Fairmount and Northwest Philadelphia. The apiaries in each of these three zones will only be open at specific times of the day. There is no charge for this event BUT you must register for this event through Eventbrite in order to receive the map of the apiary locations. After you register, you will receive an email link to the map, which will also contain the information about the times when each location will be open to visitors. Apiary hosts will be happy to show off their hives and their apiary locations. Apiary hosts may or may not open their hives, it is left to their discretion. You may want to bring a veil just in case.
Important things to remember:
1) Register through Eventbrite to receive the map.
2) You are repsonsible for your own transportation.
3) Provide your own snacks and refreshments.
4) This is a family event, however please consider the age and maturity of your children when deciding if they should attend with you. Parents are responsible for keeping their children safe.
5) RAINDATE is Sunday, June 10th. If the event is being postponed, we will send out an email early Saturday morning and we will also post it on our website - phillybeekeepers.org
We look forward to seeing you!
Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild
Located in the cradle of American beekeeping, the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild works to encourage and promote urban beekeeping through fellowship and education, and to raise awareness of the importance of bees to our environment.