Philadelphia CE Academy Event
September 26, 2012
4 AIA/CES LU/HSW Hours,
3 AIA/CES LU/HSW/ SD Hours,
1 GBCI CE Hours for LEED Professionals,
7:30 – 8:00 AM Registration
Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF) in Commercial Building Construction with detailed discussion of Masonry Wall Applications
1 AIA/CES HSW/SD Hour
This will be an introduction into the properties and uses of SPF for insulation. The presentation will cover various commercial wall designs with emphasis on the application of SPF in masonry buildings and the unique characteristics of SPF that offer multiple functionality (insulation, dampproofing, waterproofing, air barrier, vapor retarder) as a building material with a detailed discussion of SPF applications and benefits.
Learning Objectives: Participants will become knowledgeable in the uses of SPF as a
building material. Specifically, they will learn of:
· What is Spray-in-Place Polyurethane Foam (SPF).
· How SPF provides multiple functions in masonry wall assemblies.
· SPF’s physical properties.
· Advantages of SPF Insulations for masonry buildings.
· Typical applications for SPF.
Method of Delivery: The program will include the following elements:
· MS PowerPoint presentation with photographic illustrations and video clips
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
• Define stone coated Metal .
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process .
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
& Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
10:20 – 11:20 AM
Glass Floor Walkways and Stair Treads
1 AIA/HSW/SD Hour
Provider: Innovative Building Products, Inc. (Acme Brick Company)
Upon completion of this course you will have a better understanding of designing Glass into Walkways and Stair Treads and how the following are taken into consideration during the design process:
• Support Methods & Installation
• Safety and Modesty
• Slip Resistance
11:30 – 12:30 PM
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA/CES LU/HSW/SD Hour (AIA Course Number: ICS06A);
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals (GBCI Course ID: 0090003989);
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
· This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how
they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
· We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
· After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss the importance of going beyond "green".
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.