San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- How to think about money (using basic economics concepts like net present value and opportunity cost)
- Rationality & cognitive biases, or why humans suck at money
- Investing principles and some suggestions on how to get started
- The differences between tax-advantaged accounts (401K, IRA, Roth IRA, etc)
- 1 debt, 2 debt, bad debt, good debt
- "I have $[x] amount of money, what should I do right now?"
- Some thoughts on Renting vs Buying a home (still hashing this one out, I may scrap it)
When & Where
i3 Detroit is a DIY collective (aka, makerspace or hackerspace) in Ferndale, Michigan, with tools and resources to facilitate a wide variety of projects. The i3 in the name is our goal: Imagine, Innovate, and Inspire!"
i3 Detroit is supported by its members through monthly dues, but is open to guests as well. The facility hosts workshops and classes as often as possible, and our Open Shop Fridays are popular. Classes are led by volunteer instructors (mostly members). Members as a rule are generous with their time and experties, so if there's something you want to learn about, stop by and ask!
When there's no class happening (and sometimes when there is!), you'll usually find members in the space, soldering, sewing, welding, sculpting, or just hanging out.
i3 Detroit was founded in 2009. We have about 140 dues-paying members. Donations from students and guests are always appreciated, and have the potential to substantially increase our resources!