San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- How to think about money (using basic economics concepts like net present value and opportunity cost)
- Rationality & cognitive biases, or why humans suck at money
- Investing principles and some suggestions on how to get started
- The differences between tax-advantaged accounts (401K, IRA, Roth IRA, etc)
- 1 debt, 2 debt, bad debt, good debt
- "I have $[x] amount of money, what should I do right now?"
- Some thoughts on Renting vs Buying a home (still hashing this one out, I may scrap it)
When & Where
i3 Detroit is a DIY collective in Ferndale, with tools and resources to facilitate a wide variety of projects. The name stands for "Imagine, Innovate, and Inspire".
Supported by its members but open to guests as well, i3 Detroit's facility hosts workshops and classes as often as possible. Led by volunteer instructors (mostly members), these are usually free, but may require a materials fee for participation.
When there's no class happening (and sometimes when there is!), you'll usually find members in the space, soldering, sewing, welding, sculpting, programming, woodworking, or just hanging out.
Founded in 2009, i3 Detroit has about 70 members and funds its operation mostly through member dues. Donations from students and guests are always appreciated, and have the potential to substantially increase our resources!