Permaculture Water Systems: Farms, Families and Communities with Andrew Faust
Friday, May 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
PRICE CHANGE! Full Weekend: $175
REGISTRATION LIMITED TO 20 STUDENTS • TICKET INCLUDES FOOD
- Food included: Friday PM snacks, Saturday B-fast, lunch & "Biochar BBQ" evening celebration, Sunday B-Fast & Lunch - Local, Organic and "Permie Plant" Fare!
- Limited Camping Available - $10/night, BYO gear, inquire for more details
- Checks can reserve your spot as well - email/call for more information, see below
- Friday evening snacks & evening lecture, Saturday 9-6 + evening learning/BBQ, Sunday 9-3
Empower yourself with the know-how to optimize your use of water in the landscape. Water is an essential factor in creating healthy ecosystems - without it plants can’t grow and animals can’t thrive. Permaculture - an ecological design science based on the patterns found in nature - offers a myriad of opportunities for maximizing our use of water.
Heighten your Permaculture design skills in this advanced training with one of the most experienced designers in the northeast. We offer the opportunity to “get dirty” on our site with hands-on experience developing a whole-site water management plan for a developing 13-acre permaculture homestead rich in maturing food forests and a plant nursery featuring native and permaculture plants regeneratively grown.
We will site and dig swales and identify areas for future ponds, paddies, cisterns, rain-water harvesting systems, drainage, productive wetlands, agroforestry plantings and keyline patterning. We will explore in-depth designs for a range of applications and environments from temperate to desert conditions.
Specific topics covered will include:
- keyline water systems
- integrated agroforestry plantings & grazing
- siting and installing ponds
- developing springs
- gravity fed systems
- solar pumps, cisterns
- rainwater catchment
- intentional wetland wastewater treatment
- rain garden designs for biofiltration of runoff from parking lots and roadways
- erosion control
- stabilizing stream banks
- and much more!
For more information, please contact Aaron Guman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 308 - 4138
Learn more about Andrew's work at homebiome.com
One of the premier Permaculture teachers and designers in North America, Andrew Faust has nearly two decades of experience in the field. His passionate and visionary presentation and curriculum has been inspiring and motivating students since his days as an alternative school teacher at Upattinas in Glenmoore, PA. Andrew lived off the grid in West Virginia for 8 years where he designed and built a Permaculture inspired homestead including a 1600 sq ft strawbale house. He moved to Brooklyn in 2007 and has been applying his knowledge to the urban landscape culminating in a Permaculture Design Certification course many consider life changing. He is developing The Center for Bioregional Living in Ellenville, NY with his partner Adriana Magana as a pilot campus for his students, clients and baby daughter Juniper.
Andrew Faust has been practicing permaculture and biodynamics since receiving his Permaculture Design certificate in 1996. Some of our design clients include Ezekiel's Place Retreat Center in Hedgesville, WV, Leaveners Respite Center in Essex, NY, Yestermorrow Design/Build School in Warren, VT, and local businesses and residents. Previous clients include the Gesundheit! Institute in Hillsboro, WV and Camphill Village Kimberton Hills in Chester County, PA. Faust has extensive experience in doing designs for a wide range of climates and habitats including desert, forest and mountain. He is a certified Alternative School Teacher, focusing on Bioregional Education; he instructed at Upattinas Open Community High School for ten years. Faust holds a B.A. in comparative religions from Guilford College.
* Refund Policy: We will refund your purchase in full up to one month before the event (April 24th). 50% refund until May 10th. 25% refund until May 17. No refunds guarenteed after May 17. We will, however, take each case under careful consideration. Full refunds possilbe inside these dates if spot can be filled with another student. Courses often have large interest, so spots can be filled. Thanks for understandign our need to have funds to pay instructor.
When & Where
Aaron Guman Permaculture Design
Aaron Guman offers permaculture design, installation and educational events throughout the northeast and beyond.