Friday, January 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 4:00 PM (EST)
PennApps is the University of Pennsylvania's bi-annual hackathon event. Entrepreneurs and programmers from Penn or beyond team up over a weekend to build amazing applications. This event is hosted by the Dining Philosophers (Penn’s computer science club) and other campus groups.
- When: January 14-16, 2011
- Where: Weiss Tech House at Penn
- What: The event begins on Friday evening with tech talks about mobile development, frameworks, and API integration. Hacking continues until Sunday, followed by judging.
- Who: Any University Students are eligible, at Penn or beyond.
- Platform: Students are not limited by their development stack. Tech Talk crash-courses on various topics from basic mobile development with current smartphones to helpful APIs and frameworks will be given at the start of the competition. Hosting will be provided.
- Focus: PennApps Mobile focuses exclusively on applications for mobile phones. Beyond that, a particular theme will be announced the day of the event.
- Judging: Competition entries will be judged by a panel consisting of entrepreneurs and industry experts.
The Demo Session will be taking place on Sunday, 1/15, at 3:00PM