Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Pelican Sweepers for Mechanics
This class is designed to help mechanics set, maintain, and repair the mechanical sweeper for the best operation. Setting of brooms and conveyors will be discussed with emphasis on safety, proper operation, maintenance, and repair. Class will include troubleshooting of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic systems related to sweeping functions. Hydrostatic drives and hubs will also be reviewed for troubleshooting and repair.
- Sweeper Operation, Identifying main components
- Operating Parameters – RPM and Load
- Main (Center) Broom Settings and Operation
- Side Broom Settings and Operation
- Conveyor systems – settings, operation, repair
- Troubleshooting sweeping issues
- Dumping the Load
- Water pumps and spray nozzles
- Troubleshooting Water System issues
- Waterless sweeper components and operation
- Maintenance of the sweeper – maintenance schedule
- Electrical systems
- Electronic Controls and the Electronic Service Tools
- Hydraulics and Hydrostatic Drive
- Hubs – troubleshooting and repair
Who should attend: Experienced operator/mechanics, maintenance personnel, and mechanics who want a better understanding of the Elgin Pelican sweeper.