Rehabilitation Symposium - These Knees Were Made for Walking: Total Knee Replacement Continuum.
- Adena Health System, Chillicothe OH
An educational collaboration between Columbus Nationwide Children's Hospital and Adena Medical Center.
**NOTE: this event coincides with a community event to begin at 10 a.m. Community to register under the different event for that portion**
General Conference Objectives:
7:30 – 8:00 Registration and breakfast.
8:00 – 8:40 Minimally Invasive Surgery
Karen Diefenbach, MD
• Discuss the advantages of minimally invasive surgery in pediatric patients
• Discuss current applications of minimally invasive surgery in pediatric patients
8:40 – 9:20 Common Behavioral Issues (The difficult child)
Rebecca Baum, MD
· Categorize common behavioral issues of young children encountered in primary care
· Summarize evaluation strategies for young children with common behavioral concerns in the primary care setting
· Identify interventions for young children with common behavior problems in primary care
9:20 – 9:30 BREAK
9:30 – 10:10 Resuscitation and stabilization of the preterm infant
Leif Nelin, MD and Lee Ann Wallace MBA, BSN, RN, NEA-BC
· Recognize special considerations for the delivery resuscitation of the preterm infant
· Discuss fluid/metabolic management of the preterm infant
· Identify the role of surfactant deficiency and transient tachypnea of the newborn in the preterm infant
10:10 – 10:50 Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes
Allie Zaidi, MD
· Discuss the prevalence of SCD in Athletes
· Discuss pre participation screening with a focus on Italian and US Data
· Address how to respond to parents
10:50 – 11:00 BREAK
11:00 – 11:40 Pediatric Sport-related Concussion:Overview and
James MacDonald, MD
· Recognize signs and symptoms of youth concussion and get updates on current, preferred management
· Assess the details and impact of the new ohio state 'concussion law' (house bill 143, signed into law by gov kasich dec 2012)
11:40 – 12:20 Pediatric Urological Dysfunctions and
Daniel Herz, MD
Accreditation Statements and Disclosure
Adena Health System is accredited by the Ohio State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Adena Health System designates this educational activity for 4 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits are applicable toward continuing education for nursing licensure.
Adena Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board, RSX 118902. This session has been approved for 4 CEU.
There are no conflicts of commercial interest to disclose by speakers, planners, or CME Committee members.
The Adena Institute for Learning is housed in the PACCAR Medical Education Center, the leading education facility located on the campus of Adena Regional Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio. The Institue is comprised of multiple Accademies that support Adena's mission "To Heal, To Educate, To Care" by providing evidence based, timely and effective education to physicians and staff.
Opened in September 2008, the PACCAR Medical Education Center is a dream that became a reality thanks to the cooperation of Adena, local, state, and federal officials, and the community. Through philanthropic grants, our community raised over $5 million to support the construction of the PACCAR Center while Adena Health System contributed $10 million.
The PACCAR Medical Education Center...bringing the future of medicine to Southern Ohio and beyond.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.