Pediatric Dysphagia: MBSS Assessment and Treatment
0.6 ASHA/AOTA CEUs
Presented by: Jennifer Lynn Jones, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S
This course introduces participants to the embryology and normal development of the infant. It provides many videofluoroscopic swallowing evaluations to give participants experience viewing disorders of infants and young children. Treatment strategies are discussed with all disorders viewed.
1. Recognize 5 disorders from the Modified Barium Swallow Study on pediatrics.
2. List and describe 5 symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux.
3. List and describe 3 positional strategies to eliminate aspiration.
4. Discuss 3 laryngeal disorders that occur in infants.
5. List and describe 5 ways to decrease aspiration risks in infants and children.
Morning Session 8:30am-12:30pm
A. Pediatric Etiology: What is Normal?
B. Pediatric Swallow Assessments: Interactive Lab of MBSS and Case Presentations
Afternoon Session 1:30pm-4:00pm
A. Swallowing Disorders: Understanding the Medical Foundations of Swallowing Disorders
B. Treatment Approaches: Infancy into Childhood
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.