Friday, September 21, 2012 at 4:00 PM - Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 11:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
First place receives $5,000!
Second Place receives $2,500!
Third place receives $1,000!
Additionally, participants nominated by their fellow participants in the following categories will recieve an iPad for:
September 21, 4:00pm. The doors open for the 2012 Hackathon.
September 21, 5:00pm. Keynote, rules, kickoff.
September 21, 5:30pm. The event officially begins.
September 21, 7:00pm. Dinner is available for all participants.
September 22, 12:00am. Late-night food available for the participants.
September 22, 8:00am. Breakfast becomes available.
September 22, 12:00pm. Lunch becomes available.
September 22, 5:00pm. The event officially closes, judging begins, and dinner is available.
September 22, 7:00pm. Prizes are awarded for the top three teams, and top 3 participants.
September 22, 7:30pm. The Social begins.
September 22, 11:00pm. Doors close.
Each entry will be given three minutes to demo their finished entry. The following criteria are the basis of what the judges will be using to determine the winner. No powerpoint slides, please; we just want to see your awesome creation.
Integration: how well does the submission use PayPal's unique capabilities?
Utility: how useful is the submission to the end user?
User Experience: how easy is the submission to use?
Innovation: how unique and innovative is the submission?
- The development tools, frameworks and application focus are entirely up to the participants but they must use PayPal in some way.
- Submission cannot be under development prior to the start of the hackathon at 5:30pm on September 21.
- Participants are expected to bring all tools and software necessary to build their entry. Organizers will provide food, caffeine, Internet access, and power strips, but you might want to bring your own as well.
- Employees, contractors, and partners of PayPal are welcome to participate in the hackathon, but are not eligible to receive prizes.
- To participate, submissions must be received by 5:00pm on September 22. Participants are strongly encouraged to pre-register to assure enough food and seating, but participants may join on the contest at any time prior to the submission deadline.
- Participants may work by themselves or in a team.
- Rules are subject to change at the discretion of PayPal.
When & Where
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 113.2 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay (Nasdaq:EBAY) company and is made up of three leading online payment services: the PayPal global payment service, the Payflow Gateway and Bill Me Later. More information about the company can be found at PayPal.com. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and its international headquarters is located in Singapore.