Panel on 2 sided markets & patient engagement (partnering with InnovateLTC) and news on a healthcare startup shared co-working space ("1871 for healthcare")
Monday, July 22, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
InnovateLTC is in town for the LTC link tank competition - and we're working with them to put on an impromptu panel discussion that will touch on building 2 sided markets in healthcare and engaging patients.
Patient engagement is a difficult nut to crack. Do you need to provide carrots like financial incentives or gameify the dynamic, or use sticks like involving other third parties in your model (relatives, providers etc)? Or does it come down to a simple user experience that doesn't get in the way of daily life?
Creating a market-dynamic driven startup is also difficult. Health tech or not, it doesn't matter. Which side of the equation do you start with? Patients? Doctors? There isn't value for either side unless the other group is "on" the platform already. Come to this meetup and see how others are hacking this problem.
PLUS: expand your network radically - several health tech startups, VCs, angels, care providers and organizations are visiting from outside Chicago for the LTC link tank competition - and if you're visiting Chicago, connect with our thriving community!
PLUS: A small group of stealthy and awesome doers are building an 1871-like shared co-working space just for healthcare startups (biotech, pharma and med devices). Healthcare IT was a later addition, and Chicago Health 2.0 has been helping their team with that small piece. In fact, Chicago Health 2.0's permanent home will be in this space. We're going to reveal some additional details about this space before the panel discussion. At the meetup, we'll pass out a sign-up link so you're on their list for consideration to be one of the founding tenant startups. They will undoubtedly be over-subscribed, so definitely indicate your interest early by coming to this meetup!
Startups participating on the panel:
- Social Code: Creators of Goalpost, a patient engagement and behavior change platform to help people achieve better physical and mental health
- Copatient: A technology-enabled services company with a financial tool designed to help patients better manage their healthcare bills
- Human Practice: A local Chicago company that helps patients find doctors through people they trust, and helps doctors stay engaged with their patients between visits
- 6p-645p: Pre-event networking
- 645p-715p: News on the new healthcare co-working space
- 715p-720p: About InnovateLTC
- 720p-820p: Panel Discussion and Audience Q/A
- 820P-9P: Post-event networking
Use SpotHero to get a cheap spot. Visit their service online - Consider entering "281 North Franklin" in the search box - that's normally where Subbu parks - Garage, Secure and just $8 to park between 3pm-7am the next morning