Outlook 2007 Level 2 Training
Tuesday, February 18, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
Harwood Heights, IL
|Lesson 1: Setting Calendar Options|
|Set Work Days and Times
Display an Additional Time Zone
Set Availability Options
|Lesson 2: Customizing Message Options|
|Modify Message Settings
Modify Delivery Options
Change the Message Format
Notify Others That You will be Out of the Office
Create a Distribution List
Insert a Hyperlink
|Lesson 3: Tracking Work Activities Using the Journal|
|Automatically Record a Journal Entry
Manually Record a Journal Entry
Modify a Journal Entry
|Lesson 4: Managing Tasks|
|Assign a Task
Reply to a Task Request
Send a Task Update
Track Assigned Tasks
|Lesson 5: Sharing Folder Information|
|Specify Folder Permissions
Delegate Access to Folders
Access Another User's Folder
Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
|Lesson 6: Customizing the Outlook Environment|
|Customize the Toolbar
Create a New Toolbar
Customize the Menu Bar
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Customize the To-Do Bar
Create a Folder Home Page
|Lesson 7: Locating Outlook Items|
|Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
Find Outlook Items Using Multiple Criteria
Manage Junk Email
|Lesson 8: Working with Public Folders|
|Create a Public Folder
Add Users to a Public Folder
Post Information in a Public Folder
Send an Email Message to a Public Folder
When & Where
Training is for Methode Employees Only
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2013, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products. In addition to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, we will this time include Outlook and Project. Excel will be expanded to levels 4 and 5; level 5 Excel will be dedicated to macros and VBA.
Things to note
- We have divided the training into three sections (December, January and February). Not all class levels are available in each section; the sections progressively offer more advanced courses.
- All classes are one day (8 hours), except Access which is a full 2 days (16 hours).
- New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes. Tom has moved out of the Chicago area and is no longer available as a trainer. We have interviewed other trainers and have select Eugene as the trainer for these training sessions.
- Some classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (they have a new address).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided