|Lesson 1: Setting Calendar Options|
|Set Work Days and Times
Display an Additional Time Zone
Set Availability Options
|Lesson 2: Customizing Message Options|
|Modify Message Settings
Modify Delivery Options
Change the Message Format
Notify Others That You will be Out of the Office
Create a Distribution List
Insert a Hyperlink
|Lesson 3: Tracking Work Activities Using the Journal|
|Automatically Record a Journal Entry
Manually Record a Journal Entry
Modify a Journal Entry
|Lesson 4: Managing Tasks|
|Assign a Task
Reply to a Task Request
Send a Task Update
Track Assigned Tasks
|Lesson 5: Sharing Folder Information|
|Specify Folder Permissions
Delegate Access to Folders
Access Another User's Folder
Send Calendar Information in an Email Message
|Lesson 6: Customizing the Outlook Environment|
|Customize the Toolbar
Create a New Toolbar
Customize the Menu Bar
Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
Customize the To-Do Bar
Create a Folder Home Page
|Lesson 7: Locating Outlook Items|
|Sort Messages Using Multiple Criteria
Find Outlook Items Using Multiple Criteria
Manage Junk Email
|Lesson 8: Working with Public Folders|
|Create a Public Folder
Add Users to a Public Folder
Post Information in a Public Folder
Send an Email Message to a Public Folder
When & Where
All training courses organized by Methode Electronics are for Methode employees only.
Similar to training offered in the Spring of 2014, we will be offering additional training sessions in Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio. All Outlook classes will include time management techniques using the software.
*Come the New Year, Methode Corporate IT will perform a mandatory upgrade on all users’ computers that are running a version of Outlook prior to 2010. If you are currently using a version of Outlook prior to 2010, we strongly urge you to sign up for the Microsoft Outlook 2010 Training; many key features have been changed and/or added. Please contact IT if you are unsure of what Microsoft Outlook version you are currently using.
THINGS TO NOTE
- All classes are one full day (8 hours).New Horizons trainers will be instructing all classes.
- Morning start time – 9am
- Morning end time – 12:30pm
- Afternoon start time – 1:30pm
- Afternoon end time – 5pm
- Breaks – both the morning and afternoon sessions contain a 15 minute break
- Most classes will be offered at Methode’s Corporate Training Room in Harwood Heights. Other classes will be offered at New Horizons in Rosemont (please note their address in the event details).
- Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each class.
- Laptops and mice will be provided for each trainee.
- There is a strict limit of 15 people per class. Please register as soon as possible. If a class is full, you will have the option of wait listing that particular date and time.
- What to bring to class – nothing is needed; all materials will be provided
- Computers – laptops with external mice
- Lunch - food will be provided
NOTE: Each class has a 15 person limit, but there are wait lists available. If you are put on a wait list you will automatically be notified when a seat is available. You then have 24 hours to register or the seat will be given to the next wait listed person. The number of participants in each class is limited in order to provide the most effective training. We understand that scheduling conflicts can arise at the last minute. However, should you need to cancel or request a rescheduling, please do so 3 days prior to the course date. If a cancellation is not made within 48 of the class date, the cost of your seat may be billed back to your respective department.
Please pay close attention to the event details to ensure you are signing up for the correct course. After registering on EventBrite, you will receive an email confirmation for each class that you are registered for. Please read the email and click on the “Add to my calendar” button for Outlook so that your class will appear in your Outlook calendar.