OTE party ($10 tickets)
Thursday, March 29, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
The additional tickets to the OTE birthday party sold out in two minutes. Literally, two minutes (they were gone by 12:02 p.m.). I then received a good 30 inquiries from people who missed out — again. Add that to the number of people who missed out last time, and we have more than 50 inquiries (100-plus people) who have reached out asking for a ticket.
So … I was speaking with the staff at Angelo’s Prime Bar + Grill about what we should do. We have come up with a solution. Additional tickets for $10 each. There will be no tickets available at the door.
That fee, which is payable at the door in cash (only), includes all the food (stationary display, passed hors d’oeuvres, desserts) and a ticket for the more than $800 in door prizes. We’ve also got deejay Tim Wedeman (AKA Timmy Weekend) with that open air photobooth (also free).
Just so everything is in one place, here is what we have so far:
Last week, you voted on the stationary display. The winners were:
- 7-Hour Cherry Pepper Pork, flash fried potato chips
- Warm Buffalo chicken dip, celery and bread sticks
- Bacon and cheddar fondue with assorted dipping vegetables
- Breaded eggplant and tomato salad with balsamic drizzle
- Domestic cheese platter: dill havarti, cheddar, edam, pepper jack, horseradish cheddar
As for the passed hors d’oeuvres, we have:
- Mini Margherita Pizzas with Roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil and Maldon sea salt
- Braised Short Rib Mini Flatbread with gorgonzola and red wine and onions
- Brie and pear phyllo purses with red wine glaze
The door prizes that were already in place are:
- $75 to Angelo’s Prime Bar + Grill in Clifton Park
- $60 to Battenkill Valley Outdoors in Cambridge
- A Cabot cheese gift pack (similar to the one that was part of the most-popular giveaway, ever, on OTE)
- $50 to Cheesecake Factory
- A $50 travel voucher, and gift pack, from Amy Gerling of East Greenbush Travel.
- Two tickets to comedian Louie Anderson, who will be at The Egg on March 31
- A $100 gift card to Fancy Schmancy Couture in Guilderland
- A massage and pedicure gift card from Hair & Body Essentials in Clifton Park (valued at $120)
- $75 to Madison Handbags, redeemable through Mara DeSilva
- The “Perfect Pampering for a Fabulous Night Out” prize that includes hair, makeup and a spray tan from Make Me Fabulous in Ballston Spa (valued at $120)