San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Otaku-Haven will be hosting a massive cosplay singles event as the after party to CastlePoint Anime Convention for those 18 and up at the Teak on the Hudson.
The venue is right across from the Hoboken Path Terminal.
For a better look at the venue here's a virtual tour.
What to expect and what comes with each ticket?
General Admission : $25
1) FREE!! Photoshoots!!
Photobooths are setup in several locations in the building free to anyone who attends. Photo editing included in ticket purchase.
Check it out!!
2) CUSTOM SWAG!!
90% off all custom photos and merchandise from our print lab (Just pay for cost of production and shipping). Print anything from mugs to canvases.
Check it out!!
3) Drinks are 1/2 priced for the event!!
Its an adult singles event at a club, how could we not throw it in there for everyone.
4) Mystery prizes for the winners of our Cosplayer Singles Bingo Chalenge.
Who doesnt love free swag? Who doesnt love winning? See if you've go what it takes to win the prizes!!
General Admission + Cosplay Auction: $30
1) All the Above
2) A date with the girl/guy of your otaku, gamer or nerdy dreams!!
Win a 1 hour date through an auction with an anime, game or comic book character of your dreams. Each cosplayer auctioned is bound through magic to behave, respond and react as the character being portrayed.
(Warning: Cosplayer may or may not be the same gender as the character portrayed)
General Admission + Cosplay Auction + Cosplay Speed Dating Event: $35
1) All the Above
2) Speed Dating Event (SEATING LIMITED: TICKET RESERVATION REQUIRED )
Make your impression on 60 first dates with another person at their best/worst.
VIP ADMISSION: $40
1) All the Above + No Waiting In Line
2) Goodie Bag
Get a free goodie bag filled with swag from fabricators, dealers and artist from the convention.
When & Where
Welcome to Otaku-Haven, lets get started shall we?
O-ta-ku / ō’täko͞o : [Noun]: Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests, particularly anime, manga, or video games.
Ha•ven / ˈhāvən: [Noun]: A place of refuge or sanctuary
We are a not-for-profit group organization composed of people ranging from experts in the fields of science, business, music and art; to college students studying within their own respective fields; to high school student just starting to out. We have banded together to accomplish three goals:
1) To create a location created for and operated by otaku’s, designed to support and share everyone’s attained knowledge base, skills, and understanding.
2) To provide a starting platform for all starting or up-and-coming individuals within the fields of art, music, science and etc. in order to foster creative and innovative thinking within the local community.
3) To support local communities and business’ through the development and creation of interconnected business relationships
Our group is founded on these core principles that guide our efforts. 1) share and teach what you know and love, 2) learn for sake of learning and understanding, 3) help the community, help the world, 4) start small, support locally, 5) creative, innovative, alternative and eco-friendly 6) respect for diversity.
Why are we doing this?
We’re doing this because:
1) We love anime, manga, video games, comics and all things people think are nerdy and geeky. These are the things that we grew up with and have deeply influenced our lives. We want to create a place in which we can all physically teach, share and celebrate what we all know and love with everyone.
2) Times are tough and has made it much harder for any local business to remain in business. We need to help our community by assisting and supporting local business’ that many of us know and love by creating a place in which many of these places that are complementary to each other may continually grow .
"Built by otakus, for otakus"
For more information about our organization feel free to download our information guide below.