Ornamental & Turf Training + Exam 2013
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Dates: Thursday, June 6, 2013 & Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Times: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Who should attend?
· Employees, who need a pesticide license to use or supervise the use of restricted-use pesticides at any of the following:
· golf courses · parks · athletic fields · cemeteries
This workshop grants 4.0 or 6.0 Ornamental & Turf, Lawn & Ornamental or Limited Landscape Maintenance CEUs
Topics to be covered
- Insects Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Insecticides & Other Control Measures for Pest Insects
- Diseases Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Fungicides & Other Control Measures for Diseases
- Nematodes Affecting Turf & Ornamentals, Nematicides & Other Control Measures for Nematodes
- Weeds & Weed Control in Turf & Ornamentals
- Methods of Control, including Chemicals
- Pesticide Labels for Ornamental & Turf / Lawn & Ornamental Applications
Study materials for the exam: From Miami-Dade County Extension: SM 7 – Ornamental & Turf Pest Control (Cost $24.25 including tax) and SM 1 - Applying Pesticides Correctly (Cost $23.00 including tax). These books must be picked up in person and paid for with either a check or a money order payable to: Miami-Dade Extension Program Account. You can also order these books from http://ifasbooks.ufl.edu. NOTE: We highly recommend reading the study material before you take the class or exam. The failure rate is very high.
What should I bring to the class? You must bring a government-issued photo ID to take the exam. If you are attending for CEUs, please bring your license number and government-issued ID. Bring a pen or pencil so you can take notes. This is a closed book exam.
When can I take the written exams? The 50-question multiple choice exam will be administered at the end of the class. For those needing to take retake an exam, they are administered on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. at the John D. Campbell Ag Center, 18710 SW 288th Street, Homestead. Please call Lize at (305) 248-3311 x242 to schedule your exam.
Pesticide Training Class Policy:If you are unable to attend a training class, please call Lize at (305) 248-3311 ext. 242 at least 24 hours in advance. If there is an emergency (death in the family, illness, accident or similar unavoidable conflict) after that point, please call as soon as possible after the class (within a week) and we will transfer your registration to the next identical class or the next class of your choosing. Otherwise, your payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you are attending for CEUs, you must physically attend the entire workshop to earn your CEU credits.