Jersey City, NJ - 8 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
"Continuing Education & Networking Event"
December 18, 2013
8 AIA HSW CE Hours
2 ADA Hours of Advanced Florida Building Codes
1 GBCI CMP Credit Hours for LEED Professionals
Gift Card Drawings at conclusion of Event - Sponsored by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
7:45 AM Registration
Morning pastries and Coffee served
8:00 - 9:00 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDT110
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Jason Campbell
1. Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the
forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold.
2. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents
with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
3. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing
systems and minimize landfill waste.
4. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM
as the cap sheet.
9:10 - 10:10 AM
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
10:20 - 11:20 AM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Chuck Smith
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Safety Communications.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICS06C - Updated Course April 2013
1 GBCI CMP Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Phil Devore
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving
indoor air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials
and explain the importance of “going beyond green.”
12:30 PM Lunch Sponsored by Deke Rife with "Retroplate Systems"
1:00 - 2:00 PM
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SD0001
AIA Provider: Nanawall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Harmon Bollen
1. Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large operable
2. Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in sustainable
3. Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve the Health,
Safety, and Welfare of building occupants.
4. Illustrate new ideas to take into the design process of schools, hospitals, and other
commercial applications and to help attendees through that process.
2:10 - 4:10 PM
The ABC`s of the New ADA and the FACBC - Advanced
2 HSW/ADA CE Hours | Course #: LMS00A
AIA Provider: Ron Blank & Associates, Inc
Presenter: Larry M. Schneider, AIA
This Advanced Building Code course addresses the specific requirements
of the Florida Accessibility Code for Building Construction.
1. Understanding of specific accessibility requirements in Florida.
2. Be able to apply the knowledge in design of current projects.
3. Be able to apply knowledge to review of documents.
4. Be able to apply knowledge to construction practices.
4:20 - 05:20 PM
Improving Energy Efficiency and Air Quality with HVAC Duct Sealants
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICH23A
Sponsor: Carlisle Hardcast
Presenter: Tim Eorgan
Describe environmental concerns over energy issues and explain how HVAC air leakage contributes
to these concerns.
Describe the reasons why sealing ductwork is critical to maximizing HVAC system efficiency.
Explain duct sealing options and list the advantages of each.
Describe how sealing ductwork can improve indoor air quality.
Gift Card Drawings......Sponsored by "Ron Blank & Associates, Inc"
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes".
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.