Orientation & Registration (8/13/14 from 9:00a.m-11:30a.m at Eden Prairie)
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM (CDT)
Eden Prairie, MN
Welcome to Hennepin Technical College!
When you arrive to campus for your Orientation & Registration, please park in any student designated lot (parking permits are not required in our student lots) or in our visitor parking (but be sure to sign your car information in at our information desk near the front door if you park in visitor parking). Once you arrive, you will find Student Ambassadors welcoming you at the entrance and guiding you to the Orientation & Registration check-in. A campus map is available online at http://hennepintech.edu/about/pages/74.
Complete the following BEFORE you come to Orientation & Registration:
- You must be admitted to college and have a student ID number
- Take your placement test or have your testing waived
- Review the academic planning guide for your program (given to you after testing and available online at http://www.hennepintech.edu/current/pages/779)
- Complete your FAFSA if you are applying for financial aid
- If you have previous college course work, submit transcripts to the Transfer Center
BRING the following with you to your Orientation & Registration:
- Your academic planning guide (given to you after testing and available online at http://www.hennepintech.edu/current/pages/779)
- A photo ID
- Your student ID number
- Your social security number (if you have one)
- Your personal email address you used when you applied to HTC
- Any questions you have about starting at HTC
Frequently asked questions
- Can I bring a guest? Yes, guests are welcome to accompany new students through the orientation process although we do recommend that young children not attend as it may make it difficult for you to be fully engaged in the orientation. Please note that guests may not have a seat, as reservations are limited to a specific number.
- Do I need a ticket or proof that I am registered to attend orientation? No.
- Do I really have to complete orientation? Yes, if you have never taken classes at HTC, you do have to complete our orientation. Even if you are a transfer student, it is required. Remember, there is an online option for transfer students and students taking only one class one time! Find out more information on who is eligible to complete the online orientation at www.hennepintech.edu/orientation.
- What do I bring with me to new student orientation? Your academic planning guide, student ID number, social security number (if you have one), your personal email address used when you applied to HTC, a photo ID and any questions you have about starting at HTC.
- When do I register for classes? You register for classes when you come to orientation & registration.
- Who do I contact with questions about new student orientation? Please contact Jess Lauritsen at email@example.com.
- I saw something about activating my STAR ID. Do I need to do that before I come to orientation? No. We will help you activate your STAR ID during orientation & registration. If you do set it up before you come, please bring your STAR ID and password with you.