Organizational Success With the Social Media Strategist
Monday, January 23, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CET)
An invoice will be sent within 24 hours after registration. For any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Monday, January 23, Christopher Barger, author of "The Social Media Strategist: Build a Successful Program from the Inside Out", will teach marketing and communication executives about the internal elements and structures needed for organizational success in social media marketing.
Christopher is SVP, Global Programs at Voce Communications and the former Director, Global Social Media at General Motors. Prior to that, Christopher worked as Blogger-in-Chief and later in Corporate Strategic Communications at IBM. He is also a social media blogger at Forbes.
In his new book, he shares his long experience in implementing social media within leading organizations. Christopher will share the lessons he learned in an exclusive workshop with presentations and Q&A sessions.
Participants also receive his book "The Social Media Strategist: Build a Successful Program from the Inside Out", after the event.
Given the intimate setting and learning purpose of this event, please make sure you prepare any questions regarding your specific business challenges so you can submit them to Christopher for the Q&A sessions.
- 1.00-1.15PM: Welcome.
- 1.15-2.00PM: Internal Rules for Social Media Success.
- 2.00-2.45PM: Social media: Structure and Hiring.
- 2.45-3.30PM: Break: Drinks & Informal Q&A.
- 3.30-4.15PM: Education and Policy.
- 4.15-5.00PM: Q&A Session 2, Informal Chat.
The workshops take place in the Antwerp Crown Plaza hotel today, from 1PM until 5PM (16th. floor)..
Some internal and organizational social media strategist topics that will be covered:
- The internal roles and elements necessary for a winning organizational social media practice.
- Why hiring a “social media rock star” doesn’t ensure success for your company’s online efforts.
- Signs that the person you’re interviewing isn’t the right one to run your social media program.
- Developing an education program for all your employees appropriate to their level of exposure to social networks.
- The must-have elements of a solid social media policy.
When & Where
i-SCOOP is a Belgium-based digital business and marketing advisory, providing resources, trainings and events for executives regarding different topics such as digital business, content marketing and management, social business and social media, integrated marketing, email marketing, digital transformation and more.