Learn how to make interesting organic forms using the sculpting tools inside Blender, a free and open source 3D modeling program. I’ll show you techniques that can be used to quickly model all sorts of shapes, from animal heads to jewelry. Perfect for three-dimensional sketching or making forms for other programs like 123D Make. You can even use these techniques to warp and change other 3D shapes, such as objects downloaded from thingiverse.com. Finally, I’ll show you how to export your files so that they’re ready to be made on a 3D printer! Stay after for 3D Printer Tool Training and you'll be able to do it yourself.
This class will teach familiarity with the sculpting tools inside Blender, as well as introducing them to some of Blender's other capabilities.
None required, but if students have their own wacom tablets, they should bring them.
Judah Sher has a BS in industrial design, and has been building and using CNC routers for two years. He has recently started Sindrian Arts, a business devoted to selling CNC machine kits and CNC-made products.
Sunday, January 27, 1:30-3:30PM
When & Where
Artisan's Asylum, Inc.
Artisan's Asylum is a 40,000 sq. ft. member-based non-profit community fabrication center located in Somerville MA, dedicated to making creativity a way of life. Our mission is to support and promote the teaching, learning and practicing of design & fabrication by offering:
* Shared design and fabrication tools and equipment in our various community workshops.
* A large range of publicly-accessible classes offered by local artisans.
* Various monthly membership structures allowing access to our facility.
* On-site studio and storage rentals allowing members to create and store projects on-site.
* Hosting local craft-related events to help encourage DIY culture and community craftsmanship.