San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
OpenStack SIlicon Valley is sold out! Register for a live stream of the event here.
OpenStack Silicon Valley is a community OpenStack event. This daylong event gathers marquee OpenStack thought leaders to discuss and debate the latest trends in OpenStack-powered agile infrastructure.
The agenda is driven by hands on practitioners who have successfully started down the path of tackling technology and organizational challenges associated with adopting OpenStack, worked through the learning curve; and have clear ideas about the roadmap challenges ahead. You’ll talk to peers who have successfully resolved the issues you are facing as well as get the chance to meet with vendors who offer solutions that can help you succeed in making the transition to OpenStack powered infrastructure.
Discussion themes will cover:
- How does OpenStack measure up to alternative open source cloud platforms?
- What can you do yourself and what should you seek help with?
- Where are the hidden land mines in OpenStack that could derail adoption?
- What are the best ways to hedge risk, when implementing OpenStack based agile infrastructure?
Go deep with topic sessions led by experts:
- OpenStack in the Enterprise: Plenty of technology companies and service providers run OpenStack in production today, yet enterprise adoption is in its early days. 2014 has been touted as the year of OpenStack in the enterprise – but why? What is the golden use case for OpenStack in the enterprise?
- Stacking up against open alternatives: OpenStack may be the most talked-about open cloud platform, but it is not the only one. See the founders of competing platforms come head-to-head with OpenStack fans for a lively discussion.
- Build vs. Buy: Early days, OpenStack was all DIY. Today, OpenStack distributions are slowly gaining traction. Hear from OpenStack users on both sides of the adoption spectrum to go deep with the pros and cons of their strategies.
- OpenStack for NFV: SDN triggered disaggregation between hardware and software in traditional datacenter networking. NFV is now doing the same for telco networking. Carriers are embracing OpenStack as a platform for NFV workloads. Will the community be able to deliver on technology that bridges the gap in requirements between enterprise and carrier-grade networking?
- Is OpenStack Networking Really Broken? “Neutron isn’t working” has been a prominent theme in many community discussions. But what does it really mean and what are the alternatives?
- Will containers eclipse hypervisors? Dev and test remains the top use case for OpenStack today, and developers don’t want to bother with OS versions and hypervisors. Application-centric packaging using container technologies like Docker is widely embraced by the OpenStack community, with some arguing it threatens traditional OS virtualization.
- Emerging Trends in OpenStack: OpenStack started as two focused projects. It evolved into an open sandbox for infrastructure commoditization. Trove, Storyboard, Murano, Designate are all battling for community mindshare. What are the most promising projects and trends in OpenStack today?
- Training: In addition to all the above topics, attendees will have the opportunity to attend a half-day OpenStack training, run as a parallel track and delivered by hands-on OpenStack practitioners.
For full OpenStack Silicon Valley details, please visit the event homepage.
When & Where
OpenStack Silicon Valley
A community event on 9/16/14 gathering thought leaders to discuss and debate the latest trends in OpenStack-powered agile infrastructure.