Open government: driving greater openness, transparency and citizen engagement
The public sector continues to face significant challenges to transform services and to improve efficiency and productivity against a backdrop of economic pressures. The time is right for government to take a fresh approach to its ICT strategy and to rigorously evaluate the use of open source solutions to deliver great savings without detracting from the quality of public services.
Join us for a lively conversation and investigation into how open source and technology can support greater transparency and engagement.
- How can interoperability support government missions and bring greater efficiency to individual departments?
- How can streamlining the flow of information ensure better delivery of government services?
- Will rapid deployment and new implementation techniques bring greater agility to government agencies?
- Can collaboration technologies provide civil servants with the tools they need to work with colleagues, other government agencies, contractors and citizens?
- In an era of fiscal restraint, is it possible to do more on a smaller IT budget?
|08.45am||Registration & Breakfast|
Welcome & Introduction
The possibilities: Open Government, the role of technology to drive greater openness, transparency and citizen engagement
The evidence: Time for change: leveraging open source technology to increase productivity and reduce costs
Who should attend: Chief Executive, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Architect, Enterprise Architect, ICT Programme Manager, and civil servants who have responsibility for delivering on the government ICT strategy It's time for a new apporach.
Join us for breakfast to explore how open source can support you to deliver on the government ICT strategy.
If you would like further information please email Janice Scott-Morgan or call 01628 876593.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event.
When & Where
Alfresco provides modern software built on open standards that unlocks the power of business-critical content. With control that IT demands and simplicity that end users love, Alfresco's open source technology enables global organizations to collaborate more effectively across cloud, mobile, hybrid and on-premise environments. Innovating at the intersection of content, collaboration and business process, Alfresco manages over seven billion documents for more than 1,800 customers in 180 countries, supporting 11 million users in their daily work. Improve business processes, eliminate information silos and experience smarter enterprise content management with Alfresco. For more information about Alfresco please visit: http://alfresco.com.