Open Source, Open Standards: A Real Alternative for UK Government
Thursday, December 6, 2012 from 8:45 AM to 11:15 AM (GMT)
London, United Kingdom
Open government: driving greater openness, transparency and citizen engagement
The public sector continues to face significant challenges to transform services and to improve efficiency and productivity against a backdrop of economic pressures. The time is right for government to take a fresh approach to its ICT strategy and to rigorously evaluate the use of open source solutions to deliver great savings without detracting from the quality of public services.
Join us for a lively conversation and investigation into how open source and technology can support greater transparency and engagement.
- How can interoperability support government missions and bring greater efficiency to individual departments?
- How can streamlining the flow of information ensure better delivery of government services?
- Will rapid deployment and new implementation techniques bring greater agility to government agencies?
- Can collaboration technologies provide civil servants with the tools they need to work with colleagues, other government agencies, contractors and citizens?
- In an era of fiscal restraint, is it possible to do more on a smaller IT budget?
|08.45am||Registration & Breakfast|
Welcome & Introduction
The possibilities: Open Government, the role of technology to drive greater openness, transparency and citizen engagement
The evidence: Time for change: leveraging open source technology to increase productivity and reduce costs
Who should attend: Chief Executive, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer, Chief Architect, Enterprise Architect, ICT Programme Manager, and civil servants who have responsibility for delivering on the government ICT strategy It's time for a new apporach.
Join us for breakfast to explore how open source can support you to deliver on the government ICT strategy.
If you would like further information please email Janice Scott-Morgan or call 01628 876593.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event.
When & Where
Alfresco is how great businesses share, organize and protect their content. Nearly 7 million people in over 180 countries use Alfresco Enterprise, Cloud, Mobile and Community to manage over 4 billion files worldwide. Whether on the go or in the office, Alfresco empowers today's teams to do great work.
Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in London with US headquarters in Atlanta. For more information about Alfresco please visit: http://alfresco.com.