Open Mobile Strategy Session - September
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
I invite you to attend the Heartland Mobile Council's next Open Strategy Session. With a HUGE year planned, we are now ready to make 2014 the Year of Mobile for Chicago!
2013 was big for mobile and for the HMC. Some HMC highlights include:
- We partnered with 16 brands to help educate our audience including: PepsiCo, Redbox, BCBS, Domino's, Kimberly-Clark, InterContinental Hotels Group, Morningstar, Allstate, Whirlpool, MasterCard, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, United Airlines, Walgreens, Best Buy, Select Comfort, BabyCenter
- We covered a rich array of mobile topics including Millennials, Hispanics, Path to Purchase, Moms, Location Behaviors, Mobile Wallet, Legal, Building Mobile Teams and more.
- We created new concepts: Brands+Startups™, a marketing accelerator; a Mobile2Reality Pitch competition with PepsiCo; Mobile+Humanity Art Show
In 2014 we have even bigger goals as we bring you four major new initiatives and grow existing ones:
- Mobile University™ Week. A city-wide week of mobile education in September anchored by our Summit.
- Mobile University™ Forums. May 15 - Mobile Commerce; Oct/Nov - Minneapolis
- Brands+Startups™ Accelerator. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, a University of Michigan Professor and our other partner brands teach mobile startups marketing through stylized pitch competition.
- HMC Mobile Certification. Partnered with Northwestern University and the Boy Scouts of America, the HMC and its brand partners teach the future generation of mobile innovators.
- HMC Mobile ThinkTank. HBR-like publication inspires & educates by sharing deep mobile expertise.
- HMC Action. Launch mobile campaigns through pitch competitions and with non-profits. Partnered with Boy Scouts of America
- HMC Experience Hall. Exhibitors become part of the education by creating a mobile engagement.
As always, we need your passion and participation to make it happen. You will learn a lot, make connections and be part of something more fulfilling than just a trade organization. After all, we are the biggest, baddest group of mobile influencers in Middle America and we are on a mission to change the industry. Come join us - we promise you'll leave on a mobile high!
- Hugh Park Jedwill, President & Executive Director, HMC
|6:15pm||HMC Mission/Vision Quiz|
|6:20pm||New People, Big Wins, Next 30|
|6:30pm||HMC 2014 Plans & Business Team Updates|
|7:00pm||Join/Meet Teams with Breakouts (Mobile University, Brands+Startups, Higher Education, Marketing, HMC Action, HMC ExpHall)|
|8:00pm||Meeting Close; Networking at Theory, 9 W. Hubbard|
When & Where
Heartland Mobile Foundation
The Heartland Mobile Foudation is a Chicago-based non-profit organization whose mission is to build economic development in the Heartland of America by educating the future marketing leaders. The HMF aims to be a safe forum for marketers, product managers, agencies and startups to learn how to use this new marketing channel to grow their businesses and enrich their brands. For more information, please visit http://heartlandmobile.org