Open Mobile Strategy Session - November
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
I invite you to attend the Heartland Mobile Council's next Open Strategy Session. With a HUGE year planned, we are now ready to make 2014 the Year of Mobile for Chicago!
2013 was big for mobile and for the HMC. Some HMC highlights include:
- We partnered with 16 brands to help educate our audience including: PepsiCo, Redbox, BCBS, Domino's, Kimberly-Clark, InterContinental Hotels Group, Morningstar, Allstate, Whirlpool, MasterCard, Mead Johnson Nutritionals, United Airlines, Walgreens, Best Buy, Select Comfort, BabyCenter
- We covered a rich array of mobile topics including Millennials, Hispanics, Path to Purchase, Moms, Location Behaviors, Mobile Wallet, Legal, Building Mobile Teams and more.
- We created new concepts: Brands+Startups™, a marketing accelerator; a Mobile2Reality Pitch competition with PepsiCo; Mobile+Humanity Art Show
In 2014 we have even bigger goals as we bring you four major new initiatives and grow existing ones:
- Mobile University™ Week. A city-wide week of mobile education in September anchored by our Summit. Features speakers from Western Union, Guess?, Walgreens, PepsiCo, Best Buy, comScore, Northwesten & University of Michigan. and includes a Certification Workshop, CitySessions, the ExperienceHall, Brand+Startups.
- Brands+Startups™ Accelerator. Best Buy, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Northwestern & University of Michigan Professors and our other partners teach mobile startups marketing through stylized pitch competition.
- Heartland Mobile Certification. Partnered with Northwestern University and the Boy Scouts of America, Heartland Mobile and its brand partners teach the future generation of mobile innovators.
- Heartland Mobile ThinkTank. HBR-like publication inspires & educates by sharing deep mobile expertise.
- HMC Action. Launch mobile campaigns through pitch competitions and with non-profits. Partnered with Boy Scouts of America.
- HMC ExperienceHall. Exhibitors become part of the education by creating a mobile engagement.
As always, we need your passion and participation to make it happen. You will learn a lot, make connections and be part of something more fulfilling than just a trade organization. After all, we are the biggest, baddest group of mobile influencers in Middle America and we are on a mission to change the industry. Come join us - we promise you'll leave on a mobile high!
- Hugh Park Jedwill, President & Executive Director, HMC
|6:15pm||HMC Mission/Vision Quiz|
|6:20pm||New People, Big Wins, Next30|
|6:30pm||HMC 2014 Plans & Business Team Updates|
|7:00pm||Join/Meet Teams with Breakouts (Mobile University, Brands+Startups, Higher Education, Marketing, HMC Action, HMC ExpHall)|
|8:00pm||Meeting Close; Networking at Gilt Bar|
When & Where
Heartland Mobile Council
The Heartland Mobile Council is a Chicago-based non-profit organization whose mission is to inspire and educate brands on how to use mobile marketing effectively. The HMC aims to be a safe forum for marketers and companies to learn how to use this new marketing channel to grow their businesses and enrich their brands. For more information, please visit http://heartlandmobilecouncil.org