Open Data & Business
Thursday, March 22, 2012 at 5:00 PM (CET)
OGD BusinessDay 2012: Open Data Business
Vienna, RTR, Mariahilfer Strasse 77-79, 1060 Vienna, 22.03.2012
|Open (Government) Data is growing up. The time of first approaches in the area of e.g. establishing and operating of official open data portals are completed successfully. To reach the often mentioned high expectations on Open (Government) Data it is essential to face the next challenges immediately! To come first here is the lifting of the often highlighted economic potential of open data as well as to link the several data islands to each other to reach relevant market size.||
Find the whole docmentation at Lanyrd.com
The OGD BusinessDay 2012: Open Data Business ties in with the dialogue of 2010 and 2011 and brings together relevant stakeholders for the next important Open Data phase – this time with a
focus on industry & business – and shall become a milestone in the course of a sustainable development of open data business:
- Awareness raising and -building in the Austrian economy/industry for the topic of Open Data Business (enterprises, SMEs, creative industries & freelancers, NGO & NPO and respective associations).
- Reach critical market size throughout national and international Open Data networks (data interchange)
- Models for stable & secure data quality & service quality for sustainable Open Data business models (SLAs and CCs)
- Unlock the potential and reach full benefits by using Linked Open Data
- Design of costs-models, price-models & products along the (Linked) Open Data Value Chain
- Transformation and Innovation of business models in the sector
- Create and establish open Innovation and other business models throughout open data
The OGD BusinessDay 2012 will discuss business models that have commercial focus on data
provision and data use & re-use (as e.g. IT infrastructure, mobile apps, data enrichment und –distribution, data visualisation and –analysis, data journalism, business- und manufacturing Intelligence) as well as new business models on top of open data approaches as open innovation or mass customisation.
Programme (event will be in English language) - see also German meetUp side
16.30 - 17.15 - Reception
17.15 - 17.30 - Welcome & Introduction: Open Data Business
- Georg Serentschy (CEO Telecommunications and Postal Services, BEREC Chairman 2012)
- Martin Kaltenböck (Managing Partner & CFO Semantic Web Company, Executive Board Member of the Open Knowledge Forum Österreich (OKFO))
17.30 - 19.00 - Talks & Presentations
- Christian Dirschl (Wolters Kluwer Germany, WKD):
Linked Open Data in the Publishing Industry (at WKD)
- Ton Ziljstra (ePSI Plattform of European Commission):
Open Data (and) Business in Europe
- Andreas Blumauer (Semantic Web Company, Vienna):
Linked Open Data Business
- Christian Dirschl (WKD), more details
- Ton Zijlstra (ePSI Plattform), more details
- Andreas Blumauer (SWC), more details
- Hans Berndl (Microsoft Austria), more details
- Dieter Fensel (STI Innsbruck), more details
- Sybille Straubinger (SPÖ, Member State Parliament & Local Councillor Vienna),
- Brigitte Lutz (Office of the CIO, City of Vienna), more details
21.00 - 22.00 Networking with finger food (buffet) and drinks
The event is hosted by the Austrian RTR (Austrian Regulatory Authority ffor Broadcasting and Telecommunication) and supported by several initiatives and organisations that are working on and/or interested in the topic of Open Data.
Furthermore there will by ~ 30 participants on site of the consortium of the EU FP7 LOD2 project (http://lod2.eu) and thereby will be available for discussions and Q&As on the topic of Linked Open Data as a basis for sustainable business models.
If you are interested in supporting (sponsoring/partnership) this event
please us via contact: email@example.com
When & Where
Semantic Web Company
Für alle Mitglieder von meetup.com besteht die Möglichkeit sich auch dort kostenlos zum OGD Businessday 2012 anzumelden.
Die ersten Einladungen sind bereits versendet. Bald können wir die ersten Vortragenden für den ersten OGD Businessevent in Österreich vorstellen.