Open Compute Engineering Workshop - Tokyo
Thursday, September 18, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (KST)
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome! OCP will host a series of engineering workshops each year to build on the community.
The goals of the engineering workshops are:
- Increased community participation and stickiness.
- Increase the OCP technology portfolio; depth and breadth of specifications and charters.
- Drive the product-ionization of OCP's specifications. A good example here is the Intel's interconnect technology that enables Sipho.
- Solidify specification versioning pipeline, release process, naming conventions.
- Take into account/understand the suppliers needs and OCP partners needs; AMDs Roadrunner and the associated release and deployment is a good example here.
- Implementation of OCP's legal framework (CLA's, OWFa's).
- Building out/addressing technologies for new sectors.
|8:30 - 9:30||Breakfast and Registration|
|9:30 - 10:00||Welcome - Cole Crawford|
|10:00 - 11:00||OCP Projects Update - Amber Graner|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:15||Compliance and Interoperability Session - YF Juan|
|12:15 - 13:30||Lunch|
|13:30 - 14:30||OCP Storage Sessions - Asghar Riahi|
|14:30 - 15:15||Storage Certification YF Juan/Asghar Riahi|
|15:15 - 15:30||Break|
|15:30 - 16:00||Efficient Power Solution for Data Center by HVDC - NTTComware - Hiroyuki Onishi|
|16:00 - 16:30||OCP Products Evaluation -IIJ Takashi Sogabe|
|16:30 - 17:00||Data Center Management Based on OCP Architecture - NISCOM - Takeshi Mitsuishi|
|Collaborative Sessions: How to Promote OCP Solutions|
|17:45 – 18:00||Wrap up|