Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Online Reputation Management (Webcast)
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How to clean up your online profile and respond to negative reviews
Google yourself or your business and see what comes up. Good or bad, right or wrong, the information that’s found on the first two pages of your search results paints a vivid picture of who you are -- one that’s challenging to alter. So what do you do when what’s online is outdated, unbalanced, inaccurate, or misleading? And what's the best way to respond to criticism on Yelp or other posting sites?
In this webcast, Polly Wood, director of special projects for Reputation.com, will dive into online reputations: what they are, how they are created, and how you can manage your own.
You'll learn how to:
- Know what online reputation management is -- and isn’t -- and why it matters to everyone
- Turn feedback into benefits for businesses, consumers, and prosumers, from online reviews to social media
- Respond to commenters -- and what you should never do
- Learn from case studies from recent media disasters, including the Amy’s Bakery rant and the viral sorority girl email
How this works:
- You'll participate in a live video discussion with an expert speaker who will provide insights, case studies, and real-world examples of strategies that have worked
- You'll have the chance to ask questions and get advice from the speaker in real time
- You'll receive a copy of the speaker's presentation slides and access to a recording of the presentation
About Our Speaker:
Prior to this, Polly served as a private equity research analyst with Hall Capital Partners, where she focused on venture capital managers across all investment stages. She is an MBA Candidate at Columbia University's Executive Program.
Mediabistro is the leading provider of jobs, news, education, events, and research for the media industry. Our mission is to help media professionals succeed and grow in their careers as we provide them with opportunities to acquire new positions, knowledge, skills, and connections.