Online Fundraising Best Practices for Nonprofits [Lunch & Learn Webinar]
In this webinar being held exclusively for NYCON Members you will discover the best practices for successful fundraising by tapping into the expertise of Firespring—a company that has completed more than 10 years of focus group research with nonprofit constituents and donors. Join Jay to discover:
- The importance of an engaging website as your fundraising foundation.
- The advantages of raising funds online.
- Key reasons for donor abandonment.
- How to build a strong donor retention plan.
- The specific action steps necessary to achieving online fundraising success.
- The 3 biggest mistakes nonprofits make with email marketing appeals.
- Real-world examples of nonprofit organizations that have mastered online fundraising.
Jay Wilkinson is a lifelong entrepreneur and longtime business owner. As a board member of several nonprofits, he understands the importance of utilizing the web to communicate and build relationships with constituents. As an educator, he has trained thousands of nonprofit fundraisers, marketers and executives on topics ranging from marketing and technology to the internet. He has appeared on CNN and other national news outlets and is considered an expert on the proper use of the web as a tool to enhance the core mission of any organization. Jay currently serves as the founder and CEO of Firespring–a Nebraska-based marketing and internet services company that provides online fundraising campaigns, comprehensive website packages and donor management tools to more than 3,000 clients worldwide.
New York Council of Nonprofits, Inc. (NYCON)
Founded in 1927, NYCON is a 501(C)(3) membership-based, mission-driven, statewide association of diverse charitable nonprofit organizations. With over 2,800 members, we work to build the capacity of nonprofits and communities to enhance the quality of life through responsive, cost-effective service. Our mission-based activities are enhanced by two subsidiary corporations: Innovative Charitable Initiatives, Inc., and Council Services Plus.