The Online Community Unconferece East is sponsored by Answers.com.
The Online Community Unconference East is a gathering of online community professionals - managers, developers, business people, tool providers, investors - to discuss experience and strategies in the development and growth of online communities. Those involved in online community development, and social software in general, share many common challenges: community management, tools, marketing, business models, and legal issues. As we have found with our past events, the best source of information on all of these challenges is other knowledgeable practitioners.
The Online Community Unconferece East is sponsored by WikiAnswers.
The Online Community Unconference is inspired by the emerging "open space" conference format. (For an excellent description of the unconference format, see this Huffington Post article http://tinyurl.com/csk64s.) There will also be plenty of time for networking.
An extensive FAQ has been posted here: http://forumonenetworks.com/ocue_faq
The Digital Sandbox is centrally located in the financial district and provides plenty of breakout space to support a full day of learning and fun. Lunch and snacks and WiFi will be provided.
Potential topics include:
- Online Community Metrics
- New Opportunities with Social Media
- Enterprise Communities: Hosting the Conversation
- Online Community Management: 10 Years of Experience
- Lessons Learned: Pitfalls and Best Practices in Community-Building
- For Beginners: Laying a Solid Foundation for the Best Community
- Security: Best Practices for Community Moderation
- What to look for when hiring community staff
- Leveraging the "Wisdom of the Crowd" to Energize Your Community
- Marketing your Online Community
- Building Community in a Support (Q&A) Forum
- Engaging Community Members: Turning Lurkers into Participants
- How to Grow Leaders Within a Community
- The Value of Contests
- And many more!
Price: Register by January 11th and take advantage of the early bird rate of $145. The admission for brands and organizations is $195 January 12th through 27th and $250 on or after January 28th. On-site registration is $295. Fee is fully refundable prior to January 11th, not refundable after (but admission is transferable).
For more event information, or information about sponsorship opportunities contact Bill Johnston.
When & Where
Forum One is a digital agency that combines tech savvy, issue sophistication, and design execution to help influential organizations craft solutions for the world’s most pressing problems. Since 1996, we are committed to passionately engaging with issue-focused organizations to extend their influence. See our latest work »